UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Financial Fitness Strategy and Design Consultant for UnitedHealth Group will research and evaluate qualified and non-qualified plan retirement plan design options as well as changes or additions to other financial benefit programs to support our most important asset – our employees. This individual is responsible for ensuring cost, related laws and regulations, and ongoing administrative impact are understood. This individual is responsible for coordinating financial wellbeing content delivery to our employees, such as: webinars, in-person education, tools, and financial wellbeing materials. Responsible for review and/or creation of employee communication materials such as enrollment guides, benefit resources, and plan design change notices.
This position is open to telecommuters. If you are located in Minnesota, you will have the flexibility of a hybrid work schedule, splitting time between the office and your home to maximize on-site team collaboration.
- Collaborate with team members to identify potential retirement and other financial benefit program changes to improve employee outcomes, reduce risk, improve efficiency and maintain adherence to laws and regulations
- Research best-in-class processes and innovations among peer companies, consultants and vendors and prepare recommendations to leaders
- Examine costs of implementation and ongoing administration for new financial benefit programs and design changes
- Design, manage, and prepare data and reporting needed to evaluate financial benefit program changes and additions
- Establish, maintain and foster relationships with third-party record keepers, trustees, actuaries and consultants
- Develop and execute projects in partnership with human capital, legal, finance, accounting, payroll, communications, information technology, data analytics, and other internal and external partners
- Ensure compliance with company policies and controls, and with the laws, regulations and rules issued or enforced by state, Federal and foreign regulatory authorities related to program implementation and adherence
- Manage projects and create presentations to track progress and outline program design change options and recommendations, among other topics
- Assist with the preparation, review and distribution of retirement and other financial benefit and financial wellbeing communications
- Act as a resource for others on the topics of financial well-being, plan communications, and retirement and other financial program design
- Collaborate with the administration team, vendors, and technical experts on the implementation of new plans, program features and changes
- Work with the administration, communications, technical, and vendor teams to implement plan design changes and additions according to best practices
- Create and review communication drafts to ensure accuracy, detail, and completeness as related to other actions which may impact the receiving audience
- Stay up to date on trends and developments related to qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, financial benefits such as the credit union, emergency savings and 529 plans, including legal and regulatory updates and market trends
- Stay informed on plan sponsor financial benefit trends and related HR programs
- Understand core diversity, equity and inclusion tenets in order to develop and implement diverse and inclusive solutions within benefit programs and financial wellbeing content
- Provide assistance, when needed, to support administrative team in daily operations and special projects
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of benefit plan experience including plan sponsor, consulting or vendor administration experience with retirement plans
- 2+ years of experience consulting, designing or implementing retirement or other financial benefit plan changes and new additions
- Experience managing outsourced external project or service providers
- Experience interacting with senior-level business partners
- Technical knowledge of administrative practices and all pertinent federal and state regulations affecting retirement programs
- Advanced analytical, consultative, facilitation, and project management skills
- Proven organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced ability to use Office tools - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Advanced interpersonal, communication and collaborative team skills. Ability to effectively interact with and influence all levels of internal and external business partners
- Ability to exercise prudent, independent judgment
- Ability to work in a team environment with a client service focus
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion
- Ability to manage time well, prioritize effectively and handle multiple deadlines simultaneously
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm) #UHGCorp
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.