To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cataño, PR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Account Relationship Manager
Grainger • Cataño, PR
Posted 1 month ago
Serve as the primary liaison between Grainger and Small/Medium customer accounts located within Puerto Rico in an effort to expand customer relationships, assess, analyze and address all customer business and purchasing needs, and grow sales volume. This position will manage account portfolios that are expected to generate pre-established aggregate annual sales.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research and analyze the strategic business direction and needs of each assigned account to determine how Grainger can best align itself as a product and service partner for all current and future business needs of the account.
- Develop, present and utilize innovative marketing plans and coordinate and work with internal partners in an effort to meet the operational and purchasing needs of each account.
- Determine, prepare and present the appropriate “Grainger Value Package” to each account and review how Grainger can add value and help with each account’s purchasing needs.
- Regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion when interacting with all accounts and determining product and service offerings.
- Regularly exercise independent discretion and judgment to determine whether a potential customer qualifies to do business with Grainger, as well as negotiating transaction terms, conditions and pricing for each existing and new account.
- Function independently with limited supervision in performing all job duties and responsibilities including negotiating terms, pricing and other terms and conditions for each account.
- Regularly provide solutions in meeting the unique product, service and purchasing needs of individual customers.
- Evaluate and determine the appropriate marketing and promotional approaches to grow the business and sales for each account.
- Coordinate and lead activities, communication between each account and Grainger’s business departments to achieve appropriate business solutions, respond to customers’ purchasing needs and coordinate sales.
- Proactively interact with each account on a regular and ongoing basis, utilizing a wide array of available communication channels, to maximize their purchasing with Grainger through all of Grainger’s sales / service channels in an effort to drive and secure sales opportunities and sales.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred.
- Planning skills. Strong time and account management skills. Must be able to organize customers based on current size and general potential. Must have a written monthly and weekly sales plan.
- Understand buying decisions, buying processes and cash flow dynamics of small to medium accounts. Must be able to weigh opportunities and future growth potential of the respective accounts.
- Strong customer service focus and quality orientation. Demonstrate an ability to create a positive Grainger experience during the first customer contact.
- Personal attributes must include assertiveness, high energy level, and resiliency. Ability to consistently “close” a sale. Dynamic and capable to work with multi-tasks at once. High sense of responsibility & urgency with excellent listening skills
- Information and record keeping: Keep general contact information updated in account files or systems, using correct spelling and grammar.
- Understand how to position the value of internet commerce and will demonstrate an aptitude to embrace e-business as a viable cost savings channel for customers.
- Technical proficiency: Has working knowledge of voicemail, e-mail, Excel, word, internet and web browsers.
- Communication skills: Fluent bi-lingual, verbal & written English/Spanish. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Able to consistently up-sell. Understand and use basic selling techniques: open, probe, presentation, and overcoming objections.
- Mechanical/Product aptitude: Basic knowledge of a specific product line. Must be able to offer appropriate product to customer. Aptitude to quickly learn about additional product lines.
- Analytical skills: Ability to understand, apply and synthesize complex data/information regarding customers and account package.
- Literate on Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word & SAP
Grainger is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or protected veteran status.