Founded in 1971, Dialysis Clinic, Inc. (DCI) remains the nation’s largest non-profit dialysis provider. With a team of approximately 5,000 talented and caring employees serving across the United States, DCI provides care to nearly 15,000 patients on dialysis and 3,500 patients with chronic kidney disease. We offer a variety of services including in-center hemodialysis , home hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis (PD). Each position within DCI, from billers to administrators to nursing staff, contributes toward the goal of providing excellent patient care.
The unit secretary provides administrative support to the clinic staff, greets and assists patients with their appointments, and ensures the patients' charts are in order in accordance with Medicare and company policies and procedures.
This position is 30 hours/week (M-F @ 6hr/day).
The following is a summary of what makes our team successful. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Enters treatment information into the MIS.
- Initiates, maintains, and completes the medical record.
- Assists in other data related needs which may include entering episodes of care, responding to requests for data from the Network or DCI request.
- Prepares meeting agendas and minutes as requested.
- Maintains accurate treatment statistics, including treatment dates, hospital dates, no-show information, and information on absences. Provides reports to the nurse manager or area operations director.
- May perform duties of receptionist including sorting and distributing mail, answering and routing phones calls, greeting and directing visitors, and other clerical duties.
- Works with integrity; upholds organizational goals and values.
- Reacts appropriately under pressure; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Uses equipment and materials properly; adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Demonstrates attention to detail with accuracy and thoroughness.