To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Byrnes Mill, MO 63049
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Industrial Engineer I
DRS Technologies Inc • Byrnes Mill, MO
Posted 2 months ago
Leonardo DRS, Inc.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
DRS Marlo Coil manufactures robust heat transfer, refrigeration, and air handling equipment for industrial, commercial, utility and marine markets. Our custom engineered heat transfer solutions are used in a variety of configurations to cool, heat, and dehumidify air streams for process and building comfort. We pride ourselves on having equipment on most surface combatant ships and submarines in the U.S. Navy fleet. Additionally, DRS Marlo Coil is positioned for significant growth in the Industrial/Commercial markets.
Overall Summary Seeking a motivated self-starter with the passion to lead a project from concept through implementation. Will be responsible for technical support of manufacturing development and integration for production; involving supporting the implementation of new or the enhancement of existing tooling/equipment and/or production planning from original concept through to production. Must have the ability to lead projects and managing diverse cross-functional teams to achieve positive results without direct management authority.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Possess familiarity with basic LEAN principles and methodologies to foster and facilitate recommendations to support implementation of projects for line balance, workstation design, material flow, KANBAN design and sequence.
- Experienced in basic maintenance principles and utilize skills to assist in setup and relocation of general production tooling, process and testing equipment.
- Able to perform time studies, calculate tact time vs cycle time, and develop basic manufacturing flow and capacity plans.
- Will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing manufacturing methods in sub-assembly and assembly areas.
- Will assist in the analysis and viability review of operation recommendations for optimization strategies as well as the deployment of tooling methodologies to enhance production efficiency and streamline throughput.
- Must be able to apply basic engineering principles to perform routine design, fabrication, modification and/or evaluation in support of manufacturing operations
- May prepare plans, conduct support studies, provide analysis or tests in the development of manufacturing operations
- Maintain records; prepare and submit reports
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
Years’ Experience Level of Education
2+ year’s Bachelor's or Technical degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's or Technical degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- HVAC background preferred but not required
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a Team-based, project oriented environment
- General Computer skills and basic understanding of CAD software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group
- Effective communication skills for writing reports and making presentations
We offer a great working environment with a generous benefits package and salary commensurate with education and experience.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.