Digital Banking Control Environment Manager - Vice President
Long Island, New York
In this newly created position, Apple Bank is seeking a strategic and diverse leader that has experience and a background in risk management and definition and ongoing management of a financial services first line control foundation.
The VP, Digital Banking Control Manager will be responsible for the oversight and ongoing management of the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RSCA) program for our Digital Banking team, which includes new digital product development, digital banking/payment services, operations, call center, and marketing. The Manager collaborates with Digital Banking management and second line partners in Enterprise Risk Management & Consumer Compliance to achieve the above objectives.
This position conducts monthly/quarterly first line reviews and control testing related to the RCSA and Compliance Risk Management assessments by validating current and defining future key controls, including ongoing reviews and assessments of Digital Banking procedures and desktop guides to ensure alignment with the control environment.
The manager will be the primary point of contact for internal audits, facilitate audit deliverables, and discuss preliminary findings. They will be responsible for the coordination of finalizing audit reports and tracking any findings to closure and validation. This manager will also be point of contact for Digital Banking for regulatory audit deliverable requests. Lastly, the manager will participate in the documentation and socialization of New Product and Initiative (NPIC) Risk assessments for new products or digital initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage, enhance, and collaborate on the Digital Banking RCSA, which includes both ongoing updates and annual refreshes based on defined trigger events.
- Facilitate regular testing of controls and provide reporting on results; facilitate second line validation conducted by Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance and provide evidence of first line testing; collaborate with those departments regarding updates to risks and key controls.
- Identify and design process improvements necessary to strengthen controls and address second line monitoring findings.
- Gauge effectiveness of roles and responsibilities to achieve resource efficiency and allocate shared resources in appropriate manner.
- Define and implement strategies for integrating related programs across business lines/corporate functions and independent risk management.
- Engage stakeholders as needed to enable RCSA lifecycle and strengthen the output through recurring knowledge sharing and facilitating discussions regarding best practices
- Track control and audit findings and compliance monitoring issues to resolution within defined timeframes.
- Participate in and/or lead meetings with business line and enterprise/support functions to advise on changes, updates, or recent events related to the RCSA.
- Execute change management strategy for RCSA that includes communications and training to inform stakeholders; increase adoption as processes and systems mature.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management and Operational Risk Management guidelines and interpretations.
- Support QA review process for RCSA program.
- Collaborate with Digital Banking business line managers to update procedures and related control environment documentation when processes and new features/services are introduced.
- Assist SVP, Digital Banking with the creation of new product risk-assessment documentation and socialization of changes in the risk environment for Digital Banking & Marketing.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Skills, Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years in financial services with a focus in digital a plus.
- Through understanding of banking regulations related to the Customer Identification Process (CIP), new customer and deposit product regulations and applicable laws.
- Must have experience developing and managing risk models and/or profiles and recommending risk thresholds.
- Knowledge of RCSA and CRA management.
- Demonstrated ability working with legal, compliance, and executive management teams regarding audit, regulatory and compliance matters
- Possess excellent analytical skills to develop reporting and executive presentations on data related to performance of the channel.
- Self-starter and independent thinker, driven by new servicing models and technology in order to recommend transformational opportunities for operational efficiencies and reduced risk.
- Well versed in financial services regulatory environment and associated regulations required to lead a complaint team and processes.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental,Vision,401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
Process Improvements (Business)
Product Quality Assurance