With more than 80 years of experience engineering science and technology solutions to support national security, Alion supports clients with big ideas and real solutions.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Top Secret SCI – Willing to take Polygraph
JOB SUMMARY: Provide Senior level Software Engineering / Software Development support for applications, tools, application enhancement modules, exploits and network capability. Use industry standard development languages to develop tools and applications. Perform SME analysis and assessment of computer network components; design, development, implementation and unit testing of code. Perform reverse engineering of code and network devices.. Design, develop, test, maintain, and implement software modules in a given product.
PRIMARY DUTY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Software Engineering / Development to create capabilities, applications and tools to support Cyber Space Operations.
- Develop capabilities, tools, and applications for/to integrate with operational weapon systems and frameworks (Wired, Wireless, or Mobile).
- Perform Network and Systems Analysis to detect and classify vulnerabilities for the purpose of leveraging exploits and understanding OCO/DCO capabilities and their effects.
- Provide in-depth technical analysis of a variety of telecommunications devices via specialized systems analysis and vulnerability assessments.
- Provide unit and functional testing for code implementations and an understanding of a CI/CD pieline for automated deployment.
- Create and manage virtual environments through the use of virtual machines, Docker containers, or Kubernetes with a knowledge of cloud infrastructures and computing.
- Design and develop modular capabilities that are scalable and can integrate with server or cloud-based data stores and front-end GUIs.
- Research and development support for multiple environments, conduct and document required R&D activities to provide enhanced capabilites or add-on module(s).
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: BS in Computer Science or a related field with eight+ (8+) years of experience or MS in Computer Science or related scientific/technical field with five (5+) years of experience
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE: 8+ years Software Engineering experience working with Rapid Development, Embedded Systems, Windows and Linux Development. Develop Capabilities, tools, and applications for/to integrate with Network Security, Intrusion Detection Systems and Intrusion Protection Systems. Malware Analysis and Research to develop DCO / OCO capabilities and tools. Use industry standard development languages to develop tools and applications.
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience
Security Clearance: TS/SCI w/Poly
Server (Computer Science)
Front End (Software Engineering)
C++ (Programming Language)
Python (Programming Language)