Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
RES-System3 LLC, is currently looking to fill multiple Journeyman Lineman positions. You will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of overhead/underground electric transmission, distribution and substation systems and do related work as required. This position works directly under the crew Foreman or Superintendent. Willingness to travel is a must.
- Constructs and installs overhead and underground distribution lines
- Operates heavy and light equipment, including digger derricks, aerial lift devices and backhoes. Works with various tools of the trade
- Digs hole/trenches, sets poles, climbs poles, strings wire, place equipment and testing systems.
- Experienced with sticking and gloving
- Locates underground cable as requested by customers
- Performs work on energized and de-energized
- Participates in the instruction and development of Apprentice Linemen
- Participates in safety meetings
- Performs after-hours duties, as required
- Works scheduled and unscheduled overtime, as needed or required
- Follows Safety Standards to insure the job is done safely
- Performs other duties as assigned/needed
- Must be willing to travel
- Completion of an accredited apprenticeship program and held the position of journeyman lineman for a minimum of 5 years
- Journeyman Lineman Card or verifiable work experience
- Valid CDL license with excellent driving record preferred
- Verifiable New Mexico EL-1J License, valid for at least 6 months from hire date
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position involves Heavy Work: exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, lift and grab; reach with hands and arms; push and pull; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; talk, see clearly and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
“We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States; however, we currently are not providing visa sponsorship or hiring individuals who will need visa sponsorship in the future.”
Anticipated base salary range: $30 - $42/hour
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. This position is bonus eligible.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.
- Aerial Lifts
- Electrical Substation
- Background Checks