Case Manager Patient Care
***This position is for Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm with occasional call***
Job Code: 1839
The Case Manager Patient Care is responsible for all aspects of patient care in accordance with an established interdisciplinary plan of care and collaborates with other health professionals to plan, monitor and evaluate patient care. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The Case Manager Patient Care responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performs skilled nursing assessments and implements patient specific interventions for plan of care
• Manages/coordinates all aspects of home health services as assigned to patient and obtains authorizations for treatment prior to visit
• Coordinates and monitors all incoming lab results and notifies the appropriate physician of results and provides follow up as requested
• Processes new physician orders and updates appropriate patient team members regarding new physician orders
• Performs admissions, assessments, recertifications, discharges and self-scheduling for all RN visits
• Maintains and submits all required documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with agency and home health policies and procedures
• Required to be available for rotating on call coverage
• Supervises LPNs and Home Health Aides providing patient care to promote quality patient care and outcomes
• Participates in case conference/recertification process and ensures implementation of activities for improved quality of patient care as required by the agency
• Participates in the orientation and skilled development of new employees as assigned and supervises and educates students during their rotation
The Case Manager Patient Care reports to the Clinical Manager.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
• Associates or Bachelors degree in Nursing
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Oklahoma or current multistate license from a Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) member state
• Current CPR certification upon hire, or completion within 30 days of hire
• 2 years RN experience required; 2 years of LPN experience can be substituted for one year of RN experience
• 2 years home health experience preferred
• Valid Oklahoma drivers license and automobile insurance verification
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)
• This job requires the incumbents to operate an INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must have a current Oklahoma State Drivers License as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Registered Nurse Certified
Nurse Licensure Compact