Position: Engineer Product/ (Component Development Engineer - Air/EGR system)
Location: Waterloo Iowa USA 50613
Duration: 2 years initial contract with a possibility of extension and conversion to perm
- Will support the lead engineer in the integration of the EGR cooler, EGR valve and/or turbocharger technologies onto engines.
- This includes defining and negotiating scope and requirements, guiding the component usage (e.g. calibration, controls, design integration, and application installation), identifying and mitigating risks, and resolving issues/failures observed during development.
- Plans, coordinates, performs product design, testing and/or analysis work for a complete project of moderate scope or for a significant portion or a sub-system of a major and diverse project.
- Operates in a team environment, providing input to design solutions and participating in design reviews.
- May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work to support personnel.
- Decisions are made within established guidelines and may be reviewed by supervisors.
- Bachelor degree or greater in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in project management with good communication skills and demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
- A strong candidate will have a working level understanding of Air/EGRs system as applied to internal combustion engines, systems engineering, and/or experience in working with an external supply base.
- Manager would prefer candidates with 3 years’ experience in product development role.
- Diesel engine experience is highly preferred
Systems Engineering, Technical Support, Engineering, Management, Project Management,Product Engineering,Product Development,Diesel Engineering,Diesel Engine,Mechanical Engineer ,Industrial Engineering,Automotive Engineering,Air Sytem ,EGR,Turbocharger,Exhaust Gas Recirculation
Research And Development