Pennington Seed is searching for an experienced Truck Driver in our Greenfield, Missouri location. This position requires qualified candidates to be safety conscious and able to perform required functions in a productive manner, working with tight schedules and deadlines.
MEASURE OF SUCCESS
- Operates a tractor-trailer combo to transport cargo to and from specified destinations. Loads and unloads goods at retail locations using a lift-gate and motorized walk-behind pallet jack.
- Deliveries are completed as a mix of “dock-drop,” “pallet-drop,” “in-store” or “hand-drop” as required.
- Prepares receives and provides appropriate documentation for delivery (POD) or pick up (RGA) of goods to ensure timely service. Collects COD funds and contacts the Accounts Receivable department with collection issues.
- Interacts with customers in a positive manner and communicates customer concerns or issues to the appropriate department.
- Able to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- 2 years prior and satisfactory experience driving fleet vehicles for a commercial organization.
- Demonstrated ability and vehicle safety record utilizing tandem and single axle trailers pulling 28’ – 48’ dry vans.
- Valid Class A driver's license with satisfactory previous 3-year MVR.
- Able to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Clean and professional appearance.
- Full-time position
- Overtime and overnight travel are required as needed.
BENEFITS PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PROGRAMS:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Free Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with 3% company match and annual profit-sharing bonus!
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on Pet supplies, cell phones, movie tickets, gym memberships, and more!
- Education Assistance (both college degrees and professional certifications)
- Referral Program with cash bonus
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China, and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier, and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Driver to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Accounts Receivable
- Freight Forwarding
- Professional Appearance
- Safety Principles