This position has access to and knowledge of extremely sensitive, private and confidential materials. Ability to maintain the highest standard is required with zero tolerance.
All the primary duties within this document will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the department and the Medical Center.
Reporting to Director of Compensation, Benefits and HRIS with support to Director of Human Resources Operations and Vice President of Human Resources. Functions as response for the development and modification of department IT application and hardware. Guides department management in the use of IT applications to maximize department performance and management decision-making. Maintains system documentation. Functions as a liaison to IS, equipment, and system vendors. Responsible for performing variety of analytical projects related to compensation and benefits to include, but not limited to, system enhancement options and system/administrative procedure reviews to determine efficiency improvements. Will recommend changes in system procedures and system enhancements.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Provides leadership in planning efforts related to IT development and performance optimization through research and recommendations for system modifications, upgrades, and/or replacement. Takes actions to improve system and department performance, departmental efficiencies and to reduce user problems/errors. Stays abreast of new IT developments and advice management regarding opportunities for performance improvement.
2. Remains knowledgeable of governmental regulations, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, HIPPA, etc. Interacts with other employees, vendors, and other stakeholders to ensure system applications are compliant with regulations. Makes system adjustments to enhance functionality, set-ups, and customizes applications, correcting system performance problems/errors.
3. Serves as an information technology consultant to department management and staff for purposes of decision support, staff training and problem resolution. Identifies and troubleshoots HRIS problems to determine causes; tests options for correcting problem. Includes IS, Accounting, COE, and Director of Compensation, Benefits and HRIS as necessary to correct problem in a timely manner. Maintains up-to-date documentation of HRIS issues and status at all times. Keeps Director informed of system issues.
4. Work closely with Director of Compensation, Benefits and HRIS to develop annual benefits budget.
5. On an on-going basis, reviews HRIS related benefits department procedures, recommends changes to improve efficiency and address problems. Writes procedures for non-exempt staff. Trains staff regarding new procedures.
6. Remains knowledgeable of HRIS Systems, to include, but not limited to plan set-up, employee set-up, plan administration, open enrollment, and system enhancement needs. Recognizes the importance of accurate system documentation.
7. Evaluates policies and procedures, modifying and implementing system enhancements as needed.
8. Assumes responsibility for the development and implementation of an annual and long-term benefits/HRIS strategy.
9. Participates in Quality Improvement projects for Human Resources, performing cost benefit analysis as appropriate.
10. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
11. Performs other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Education: Bachelor's degree required. BS in Information Services, HR Management, Healthcare Administration or other related information management field preferred.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Certification and/or licensure in program related to field preferred.
3. Experience: 3-5 years of IT experience in a similar healthcare HR department. Demonstrated ability to support the ITs' application utilized to maximize the performance of the HR department. Demonstrated ability and 3-5 years' experience supporting Lawson or PeopleSoft HRIS.
Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993
Human Resource Management
Employee Retirement Income Security Act