To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
526 Tennessee Avenue North
Parsons, TN 38363
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
PT Pharmacy Technician - Store 2712
Fred's Inc. • Parsons, TN
Posted 22 days ago
Retail, Customer Service
Reports directly to the Pharmacist on duty, this position is within a rapid paced environment with new duties and challenges assigned daily. A technician is required to work a variety of schedules with multiple duties to include taking care of the customers, answering phones, running the register, filling prescriptions, cleaning of the store and pharmacy, unloading deliveries, data entry and placement of stock on shelves in Pharmacy.
- To assist the Pharmacist at all times to ensure that each customer / patient has a positive shopping experience at FRED’S and to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Obtain information for new prescriptions presented in person: insurance and coverage; DOB; name legibility; phone number; address
- Assist customers with their questions, problems and complaints - in and out of the Pharmacy area.
- Operate a cash register including: cash, checks, and charge transactions; bagging merchandise, insurance signature logs and offer/refer questions to Pharmacist.
- Follow company policies and procedures including: register performance, security issues & confidentiality.
- Answer telephone in three rings or less with a friendly, professional greeting to: obtain proper information for refills: answer questions/concerns.
- Refer all doctor’s calls and customer’s medical questions to Pharmacist.
- Retrieve and file pharmacy prescriptions in the appropriate files. Access, input and retrieve information from the computer.
- Retrieve, count and measure drugs (except CIIS), cap and uncap vials and bottles.
- Assist Pharmacist in checking in, pricing, and putting away drug orders (except CII) and with all third party transactions including the completion of any paperwork.
- Maintain the Pharmacy Department: fill Pharmacy supplies; vacuum; dust/face; wipe counter tops; clean sink and settee area; straighten administration area; clean units; empty trash.
- Adhere to established dress code.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsiveness, reliability, ability to express assurance/confidence, ability to express empathy, professionalism.
- PC skills in Windows-based applications.
- Advanced verbal/written communication skill.
- Team-oriented & customer service focus.
- Ability to identify process improvements, self-directed, and practical application of knowledge and skills learned in training.
- High School Diploma required.
- Post-high school training preferred.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) highly desired.
One plus years’ experience in customer service environment is desired.
- Call center experience is highly desired.
- Previous experience in healthcare industry a plus.
Job ID: 814
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.