Do you have a passion for culinary? Are you passionate about serving seniors?
Timberlake Supportive Living is an affordable assisted living located in a quiet setting in Springfield’s southeast side. At Timberlake Supportive Living we strive to deliver compassionate and superior healthcare services to our residents, families, and the community we serve. We are looking for a Cook with these same values to join our team.
Part Time position for Days 6am-2pm & Evenings 1:30pm-6:30pm
The Cook is responsible for preparing and providing food service to residents according to recipes provided. The Cook is responsible for the appropriate use of community supplies and equipment to minimize loss and waste. The Cook will comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and corporate requirements.
- Prepare meals that taste delicious and look appetizing in a timely manner.
- Handle and prepare food in a sanitary manner.
- Keep work area clean and sanitize work surfaces after food preparation.
- Follow written menus and recipes.
- Understand and be able to prepare therapeutic diets.
- Prepare the appropriate amounts of food to meet the Residents’ needs.
- Assume responsibility for meeting meal schedules.
- Be responsible for care of food service equipment.
- Ensure quality customer service to the Residents, families, and staff the department serves.
The Successful Candidate:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Previous experience in a nursing care facility or other previous service experience preferred.
- Must possess a ServSafe Food Handler Certificate or will obtain within 30 days after employment.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to long-term care dietary requirements.
We offer a competitive package:
- Competitive Wages
- Consistent Assignments
- Generous PTO Program
- Meals provided
What We Do
At Christian Horizons, we’re about more than just senior living. We’re about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We’re known for our healthcare excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We view each of our associates as an essential part of our mission.
We provide a compassionate, positive future in which older adults thrive. As one of the largest faith-based, not-for-profit organization, we’re deeply committed to the well-being of all our residents and their families. We strive to provide resident-centered, cost-effective health care programs and services to each and every resident in our communities. Our ministries also include Senior Care Pharmacy, CareLink nurse-guided home care and Safe Haven Hospice. You’ll get to use your talent to experience a new pathway to senior living.
How We’re Different
We offer a place to live your faith, a place to grow and be valued. We’re about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate associates who made us who we are today. Joining Christian Horizons means joining a team of exceptional professionals who always strive for excellence. Together, we dream up ways to support our Christian communities that promote independence, wellness and affordable living for older adults.
Post to CareerBuilder#CB
Outline Of Food Preparation