Intake Associate - Entry Level
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
To serve as the first point of contact for customer service correspondence; to handle standard calls with normal supervision; and to provide information regarding general disability services policies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers incoming calls for the customer service unit including calls from clients, claimants and physicians.
- Provides effective explanations of benefits, procedures, claim status or payment information to clients and claimants.
- Enters claim data into claims management system upon requesting the appropriate information and analyzing the responses.
- Requests physician certification and/or extensions from medical offices and enters into claims system.
- Documents telephone conversations pertinent to the claims process in claims notes.
- Logs all telephone calls into claims management system.
- Attendance during scheduled work hours is required.
Education & Licensing
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
High school diploma or GED required.
One (1) year customer service experience required. Any college field-related courses may be substituted for the required experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- Good customer service skills
- Good listening and comprehension skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer