To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Herndon, VA 20190
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Jr. Cloud Software Engineer
Eliassen Group • Herndon, VA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We will accept corp to corp or w2 contractors. For our w2 consultants, we offer a great benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.
Responsibilities of the Jr. Cloud Software Engineer:
- Builds, tests, deploys, monitors and maintains production code for complex web and cloud based applications
- Contributes to backend code development and integration in Java, Python or Node in AWS environment.
- Drives applications Web layer platform architecture to a more modern design
- Ensure high code quality. Accountable for the quality of code that is delivered to QA and production.
- Consistently seeks to enhance the continuous integration methods of the development team to ensure high quality of code.
- Seek ways to meet underlying business requirements with low-cost, yet highly re-usable patterns and actively escalate requirements that may cause unnecessary risk or cost
- Thorough understanding of implementing accessibility and progressive enhancement presentation layer coding practices. Works with Interface Design Architects to assure accessibility standards are met at a code level.
- Responsible for support of and coordinating with other teams such as Security, Technical Operations, Enterprise Operations, etc.
- Assists with project planning and estimating of initiative scope items.
Requirements of the Jr. Cloud Software Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree required and at least 3 years of directly-related work experience in a professional position in software development or a related field.
- Experience with Backbone, JQuery and one of the component frameworks (React/Redux or Angular)
- Experience in test-driven development.
- Experience working in an iterative development environment such as Agile/Scrum.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Backend development experience using Python, Java or Node is a plus
- Experience working in CICD environment is a plus, including build tools such as Gulp/Grunt/Webpack
- Deep knowledge of Cloud and AWS platform
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL
- Experience in adhering to software development guidelines and in performing code and design reviews
- Experience in documenting design and architecture artifacts and presenting artifacts for architectural review
Job ID: 320187
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging over 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!