TRANSPORTATION SWITCHER AND MECHANIC POSITIONS FOR FAMILY DOLLAR DISTRIBUTION CENTER.
Provides service to the Distribution Center by providing trailers for Shipping and Receiving.
MECHANIC JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS:General Summary:
Provides safe, effective and efficient preventative and repair maintenance to all Family Dollar Transportation equipment.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Branch out with a warehouse career at Family Dollar!
- Performs all necessary repairs to all systems, sub-systems and components to tractors, switchers and trailers with the exception of engine and transmission components.
- Mounts and dismounts tires.
- Brands and places tires in inventory.
- Performs periodic FHWA inspections, inbound equipment inspections and PM follow up work.
- Assists in maintaining an accurate parts inventory system.
- Assists Maintenance Supervisor and lead technician (NCDC only), as needed.
- Follows set safety procedures and guidelines to maximize personal safety.
- Maintains an organized work area and promotes a safe working environment within the Transportation department.
- Follows all Company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
We are looking for hard working team players to join our amazing warehouse team. As a warehouse associated, you'll get to make a difference as a member for a squad in a fast-paced distribution center. Join us - You'll be proud to work for a successful, growing Fortune 150 Company that helps families live lives better.
Here are some other benefits:Excellent Total Compensation Package!
Opportunities to earn extra pay through incentive pay and shift differentialsOur warehouse benefit package is one of the best in the industry!
- Free health care premiums and basic life premiums for full-time associates
Additional benefits include dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) (eligible to enroll after 30 days) plus company match after 1 year, annual merit increases, discounted stock purchase plan, primary care giver and parental leaves.