The Shipper works in a fast pace environment preparing items for shipment by performing the following duties:
- Worker must be able to constantly stand and walk on concrete floors and trailer beds.
- Frequent pushing/pulling of transport racks and bread trays.
- Frequent bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, lifting, carrying is required.
- Frequent to constant handling and grasping of bakery product trays, transport racks and boxes.
- Frequently lift and/or move items up to 50 lbs.
- Must have reliable transportation and attendance to meet employer's attendance standards for 24/7 production facility.
Alpha Baking Company, Inc., a national distributor of breads, rolls and buns, as well as sweet goods, was founded in 1979. Headquartered in Chicago, Alpha Baking has three production plants in Illinois and others in Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Alpha Baking’s retail brands include S. Rosen’s, MaryAnn, Natural Ovens Bakery, Kreamo, and Golden Hearth, with additional product sold under private label agreements and the Alpha Baking foodservice brand. Our broad array of products can be found in national restaurant chains, quick service restaurants, schools, institutions, major league sports franchises, national grocery chains and independent grocery stores.
We are an equal opportunity employer with policies prohibiting unlawful discrimination on the basis of any protected classification under applicable local, state and/or federal laws which include race, color religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or veteran status, Alpha Baking Company, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.