Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
This position is responsible for managing the customer relationships within a franchise agreement at the franchised customer level. The Franchise Account Manager is responsible for managing business relationships in order to achieve contract objectives and sales goals by developing and implementing sound retention strategies, utilizing strong negotiation efforts to expand business, and adherence to the franchise contract specifications and open market revenue goals. The Franchise Account Manager will handle all customer requests for service changes, contract administration and related questions during face-to-face interactions. All escalations for customer service opportunities within the defined territory will be resolved through this position.
Additionally, the Franchise Account Manager will participate in community events and associations, including but not limited to local Chambers of Commerce, Environmental Committees, Business Development organizations and other Municipal committees and/or events.
This is a field-based position. This position is eligible to participate in market area recognition programs upon successful completion of sales orientation and/or training programs.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. This includes meeting with open market customers and franchise contract goals. Communicate to and work with the Franchise Manager to resolve unique customer issues or concerns.
- Develop and promote a customer education plan to promote recycling and waste minimization programs.
- Increase revenue and profitability by executing sound plans on retention calls to improve the customers’ service and/or profitability.
- Match Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers current service levels and the goals of the franchise contract; proactively engage other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
- Effectively use Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e.Sales Force Dot Com, Proposal Master, MAS, Pricing Tools, etc.).
- Acquire in depth industry and company knowledge in order to prepare complex proposals and make recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
- Propose customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with the key contacts within the community, local environmental advisory boards, business advisory boards, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing or similar area of study; or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 2 years of relevant work experience in a non-consumer based sales, or service industry environment that includes: successfully managing complex contract specifications or municipal contract/relationship management (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Exhibit basic personal computer skills
- Exhibit proficient use of computer software applications
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”