To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Providence, RI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) - Pediatrics
Maxim Healthcare Services • Providence, RI
Posted 7 days ago
Other Great Industries
Health Care, Nurse
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Licensed Practical/Vocational Pediatric nurse assumes responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and delivery of patient care in a pediatric setting. In pediatric settings, LPN/LVNs care specifically for children and adolescents.
- Takes and records vital signs of pediatric patients
- Prepares and gives injections and enemas; monitors catheters
- Assists patients with bathing, dressing, and other personal hygiene
- One on one position with special needs pediatric patient in a classroom/facility setting. May require working with Tracheotomy and/or G-tube
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care
- Assesses signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient’s condition
- Collects, analyzes and interprets data and information from healthcare members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Plans for expected outcomes of care for those patients assigned
- Performs interventions according to priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment
- Uses clinical judgment in evaluating activities to meet patient care needs of an assigned unit/floor including establishing priorities
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment
- Promotes interpersonal relations with patient/family/significant others; hospital healthcare co-workers; and physicians
- Uses effective communication skills with all contacts while being objective and sensitive
- Communicates pertinent information about patient, nursing unit, and activities as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Current nursing license within the state of assignment
- Minimum of one year maternal child health acute clinical experience within the last three years preferred
- Current BLS Card
- Current PALS Card (per client and / or state requirements)
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- Knowledge in pediatric pharmacology
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisor, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID: 398325
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.