Fitness Supervisor AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
- Local arts scene from museums and theaters to festivals and galleries
- Local restaurants with the authentic taste of Florida
- Near 100+ clear, freshwater lakes. Ideal for swimming, boating and fishing
- Beautiful agriculture and farmland
- Sebring is known for motorsports and home to the famous Sebring International Raceway
- Nature and hiking trails
FT -Various shifts
You Will Be Responsible For:
- A commitment to provide World Class customer service and work collaboratively on a World Class team.
- Conducts fitness/health assessments for new members who required a physician’s clearance. Refers members or clients to personal physician or AdventHealth Sebring, Lake Placid or Wauchula when necessary based on results of assessment.
- Oversees and maintains a high quality fitness assessment/testing program, which includes the maintenance of fitness assessment equipment and inventory. In addition, the FS communicates with membership coordinator regarding the schedules of fitness assessments.
- Coordinates and administers individual exercise program consultations for high risk members based on current American College of Sports Medicine (“ACSM”) guidelines.
- Facilitates all medical hold authorization requests of members. Reviews and approves all physician approvals to resume exercising, initiate exercising, or perform testing.
What You Will Need:
- B.S. Degree in Exercise Physiology or health related field.
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications and AED required at time of hire.
- Experience instructing group exercise classes and recognized industry certification required
- A minimum of 4 YEARS of practical, work-related experience
- Personal Training certification from ACE, AFAA, NSCA, NASM, or ACSM required
- CPR/BLS certification AED and First Aid are a must
Reporting to the Director, the Fitness Supervisor (FS) provides professional fitness services to members and clients based on their health and fitness needs, which includes fitness testing, performing customer service tasks, and assisting members with exercise routines and equipment utilization. Additionally, the FS coordinates/monitors medical memberships (members at higher risk and requiring physician’s clearances).
The FS cooperates directly with the Director for special task operations.; supervises the duties of the Membership Coordinator, group exercise instructors and other exercise staff; acts as administrator to software and website portals and other partnering programs; performs inventory ordering/control; performs front desk duties; responsible for the quality assurance of member forms; creates new programs and initiatives to increase profit through membership sales/attendance; assists with marketing campaigns and health fairs. FS will run the day to day operations of the AdventHealth Wellness Centers when the Director is absent.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Basic Life Support
- Customer Service
- First Aid And Preparedness