Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Manages the work of subordinate supervisors and/or exempt management employees. Leads functional area within a business unit. Accountable for results, costs, methods, and staffing of functional area. Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements. Manages network maintenance at the customer site or remotely from a company location through subordinate supervisors and/or exempt employees. Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all network maintenance operations including installation, service, and changes. Establishes network operations schedules, work plans and ensures performance requirements are met. Responsible for all training requirements for personnel. Responsible for all reporting aspects of their particular center and function for both center results and individual performance. Strong coaching and mentoring skills are a requirement. The position requires excellent customer service skills. They must be effective in providing feedback in a timely manner. They must possess excellent communication skills.
The Main Responsibilities
Will lead teams providing 7x24x365 support in the following areas:
* Surveillance - network coverage (including monitoring all switching, routing, trunking, and data networking equipment throughout wireline, long distance, and CLEC business units).
* Software and Hardware Support - acting as an initial point of contact for field personnel and equipment vendors (with specialization in certain areas and providing on-site help as needed).
* Technical Support - in-depth traffic analysis, testing and acceptance of all switching/routing network products that go on-line. This management position must have a strong understanding of the OSI model. They must understand the interoperability between the layers and its impacts to services and the network performance. This position requires the ability to articulate issues that arise from implementation, design, repair, surveillance, and performance management to upper leadership, peer organizations, impacted internal business units and most importantly our customers. This manager position will need to understand the evolution of technology and impacts to current infrastructure, services, network reliability, customer requirements etc. This manager must always act with a sense of urgency and have a high level of engagement with their supervisors and team members.
* Executive level correspondence on network events, resolution and forward looking corrective plans.
* Account teams - direction of the network, relay information pertaining to outages and resolutions, provide Engineering study results, and assist with special requests from customers.
* Central Office Personnel - relay information pertaining to outages and resolutions, provide support for central office problems, establishing and maintaining traffic port connections in the switch, and to provide support on traffic packages in the switch.
* Field Operations - to assist with repair and maintenance issues.
* Network Planning - assist with field trials for new technologies, support standardization of the network, and provide traffic data for network design projects.
* Vendor Technology Management for guidance and feedback on the vendor's products and services.
* Technical Support Centers for the various switch manufacturers - provide support for switch issues and software programming of new measurements and report features.
* Product - to provide guidance and feedback on new products and services. Help identify and risks or issues that may impact customer service and product implementation etc.
* Accounting - to provide total office measurements for reporting to various State Commissions.
* External Vendors - act as the single point of contact for support of network elements.
What We Look For in a Candidate
Qualifications (minimum) Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience Required for the incumbent to be successful in the job:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field or the equivalent in training and experience.
* Minimum 6 years work experience with communications networks or the equivalent in training and experience.
* Three (3) years management experience with proven leadership abilities.
* Ability to communicate courteously and professionally with outside contacts and other employees, including various levels of staff and management.
* Ability to handle situations involving conflict while promoting a positive company image.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Goal and detail-oriented.
* Ability to perform under emergency conditions and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
* Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
* Strong analytical or organizational skills.
* Ability to work weekends and nights when necessary.
* Skilled in the use of operating personal computers utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook programs.
* Read and follow technical instructions.
A candidate for this position should be able to work independently, with peers, customers, and supplier teams; to prioritize numerous deliverables on multiple projects; interface directly with all levels of management; and to develop and schedule reports through multiple custom databases. Must be willing to submit and successfully complete Government Agency Clearance request.
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 315191
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
- Attention To Detail
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Service