John Bean Technologies Corporation (JBT) is a leading global technology solutions provider to high-value segments of the food and beverage industry with focus on proteins, liquid foods, and automated guided vehicles. JBT designs, produces, and services sophisticated products and systems for multi-national and regional food companies through its FoodTech segment. JBT also sells critical equipment and services to domestic and international air transportation customers through its AeroTech segment.
JBT AeroTech manufactures and services airport ground support equipment (plane de-icers, aircraft tow vehicles and cargo loading systems), airport gate equipment (Jetway brand), and military equipment.
The Orlando Site Controller is a key management position in the organization and is expected to drive improved business performance. The individual reports to the Ground Support Equipment Global Controller and is responsible for all financial areas of the Warrenton, OR site. The individual leads a team of other professional and clerical staff responsible for preparing financial analyses of operations, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management.
The Site Controller is responsible for the company's financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the conduct of its relationships with the financial community, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports. The position assures that the financial books and records of the organization are in full compliance with the Financial Standards of the company and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The position involves supervision over general accounting, property accounting, internal controls (SOX), cost accounting, and financial planning (budgets and forecasts).
- Development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization. Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of personnel in the Accounting Department
- Recommends training requirements, has the duty to keep the staff at the highest level of skill necessary to meet company needs and objectives, and may recommend that personnel be hired or removed from the Department
- Maintains the company's system of accounts and keep books and records on all company transactions and assets
- Establishes major economic objectives and policies for the company and prepares reports that outline the company's financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations
- Coordinates and directs the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting system), and analyzes and reports variances
- Responsible for tax planning and compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes
- Furnishes internal reports, revises and updates reports to be more useful and efficient, and furnishes external reports as necessary
- Determines depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items and advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax revisions
- The Site Controller has full responsibility for the internal control environment for the Orlando site. This includes maintaining proper documentation of procedures for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and periodic testing thereof. This position is also responsible for supporting external and internal audits of the site and is expected to pass all such audits
- The Site Controller has the final responsibility for providing the organization and its management with the appropriate financial and operating information necessary. This individual and the accounting staff are expected to work closely with other department groups on problems involving accounting systems and financial planning
- Responsible for management reporting and policy making as it pertains to the department
- Provides technical and analytical guidance in identifying and solving problems within the functional limits of the department
- Ensure that the department complies with company policy
- Assist other departments in forecasting personnel and financial needs
- Accelerate cash receipts and control disbursements; manage bank balances; maintain lines of credit and banking relationships; recommend investment vehicles (and coordinate cash needs with investments); establish and maintain credit and collection procedures; and evaluate and implement computerized accounting systems
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting; MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- Minimum seven (7) years work experience in accounting--preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum three (3) years supervisory experience
- Knowledge of MRP business systems
- Must display good leadership skills, including ability to deal fairly and openly with subordinates
- Must demonstrate good communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills
- Must be able to recommend and enforce internal control procedures
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, work environment, supervisor responsibilities, safety and so on). The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment - Office Environment, with some exposure to Manufacturing floor
Supervisor Responsibilities - Responsible for all managerial duties such as hiring, terminations, performance management of staff
Type of Supervision Position works under: (close, moderate, minimal) Minimal
Relationship Responsibilities - Must work well with all levels of employees including upper management and corporate staff
- Maintain proper housekeeping and safety standards by properly using protective equipment, safe operation of all machinery, tools, and equipment as well as following safety rules at all times
- Ability to work productively and cohesively in a diverse and multicultural environment
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of JBT AeroTech are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
ABOUT JBT AEROTECH
We believe that work should be fun as well as challenging. That's why the company offers the best of both worlds - the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage + a 401K plan.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Site Controller
You may also call Susan Cotton at
if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.
- Accounting Systems
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Financial Statements