To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Professional Application Designer
DXC Technology • US-State-CA
Posted 12 days ago
Designs, develops, installs, tests and documents applications software, including server, client, and web components. Contributes to the design and delivery of technical architecture solution components. Provides work guidance to less experienced personnel.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides design documents and translates into component-level designs to accelerate development.
- Provides design expertise in support of development team efforts to provide flexible reusable components to increase cost effectiveness. Analyzes, designs and reviews design of applications and suites of applications to ensure that customer specifications are satisfied.
- Acts as liaison between application architects and development teams to ensure that product development and implementation are coordinated. Works with product development teams and senior designers in developing design requirements that are accurate and relevant to company needs.
- Assists in reviewing and analyzing gathered information in technical research and in evaluating tools and methodologies to ensure that designs adhere to current industry, client and company standards. Develops and provides technical documentation; participates and oversees test-plan development, integration and deployment.
- Participates in business process work sessions, project meetings and joint applications development sessions to ensure that product design decisions are communicated to departmental personnel.
- Functions as a domain expert and works closely with software developers to explain the application design, and coordinates activities between the two functions to enhance product quality and efficiency.
- Utilizes experience in development methodologies, coding documentation, testing methodology and industry standards to define and develop project requirements, functional specifications and detailed design of application solutions for clients.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel. Guides the work of less experienced developers to create, maintain and communicate details of application designs to ensure that designs are according to specifications.
- Proven client facing skills – acts as the day to day liaison with the client team - gathering requirements, advising client, interacting with the DXC account leadership
- Proven consulting experience in advising senior level clients on DevOps best practices, processes, and tools to advise on how to extend the client’s existing baseline DevOps capability primarily on Hortonworks + Azure HDI
- Exceptional DevOps skills to help guide team in Kubernetes, HELM, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, AKS, ACS on HDP, HDInsights
- Experience implementing DevOps both on-premise and in the cloud (Azure)
- Needs to be available to work from Pleasanton, CA
- Analytical, problem solving, creative thinking and design skills at multiple product
- Communication skills to communicate with application developers, customers, support personnel and management
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Office environment