Our client is currently seeking a Business Analyst.
The Senior Business Analyst serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization and/or vendors in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Possesses expertise in the business units supported as well as an understanding of the IT organization s systems and capabilities. Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business. Works independently with minimal supervision.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Analyze business partner s operations to understand strengths and weaknesses in order to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
- Gather, refine and validate complex business requirements, interdependencies and potential risks or issues.
- Facilitate communication and encourage commitment between business units to align solutions with business strategies.
- Assist in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Translate high-level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and/or vendors. Manage changes to such specifications.
- Negotiate agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business units and IT and/or vendors from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Work with business partners within one business function to align technology solutions within business strategies.
- Assist Project Managers in development of project plans and use associated project planning tools as needed.
- Conduct feasibility studies to assess cost/benefit, efficiency and technical viability of solutions to business problems.
- Serve as project team member for multiple projects as needed.
- Analyze business processes, functions, and procedures to determine most effective business systems software to meet the needs of the organization.
- Establish specifications and objectives based on business requirements and cost effectiveness; provide recommendations to management personnel.
- Collaborate with management in systems development and design.
- Develop test plans and coordinate software testing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Strong analytic, organizational, and problem solving skills with a wiliness to get into detail
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple priorities, and make deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Working knowledge of cable television operations, processes and billing systems
- Excellent presentation skills with small- to medium-sized groups
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications i.e. Word, Excel, Visio, etc.
Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
Procedural documentation and implementation background
Perform Statistical Analysis
Business Process Improvement
Provide Analytic Consultation