Due to critical service need of the communities we serve, we are offering a $500 sign-on bonus.* We are eager to continue to provide quality and compassionate care in our service areas and need you to make this happen!
Compass Health Network is looking for a Community Living Instructor to help oversee and assist Clients in our Apartments. They are responsible for supervision of consumers to ensure their safety and well-being. This is a part-time, 24 hour position working from 9:00 am - 9:00 pm working on Saturday and Sunday.
Responsibilities of the Direct Support Professional
• Reports and records observable changes in resident behavior, attitude and physical condition
• Assists with or participates in re-motivation, rehabilitation, resocialization, and behavior modification programs
• Teaches or assists residents in self-help skills and social behavior based on the level of need and functioning of individual residents
• Initiates and participates in group and/or individual activities with residents
• Escorts residents to appointments or as assigned
• Participates in specialized programs such as adjunctive therapies and individual interaction with residents
• Performs basic nursing care such as checking vital signs, applying simple dressings, and providing general daily care of residents
• Assists a physician or registered professional nurse with various diagnostic and treatment procedures
• Maintains a safe, clean, and therapeutic environment
• Assists in the orientation of new residents
• Responds to emergency situations as specified by the guidelines of the unit, including assisting residents during emergency situations
• Prepares and maintains records and reports
• Maintains adequate supplies and equipment
• Administers medications to clients once certified as a DMH Level 1 Medication Aide
• Obtain CPR certification with in the first 90 days of employment
• Assist client with transportation as clinically indicated. Driving is an essential function of the position
High School/GED required
• At least one (1) year of work experience or self-employment required
• A valid unrestricted driver's license at the time of hire with the ability to obtain and maintain a class E MO driver's license by the end of 60-day introductory period required
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri. Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve. Our mission is “Inspire Hope. Promote Wellness.”
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Direct Support Professional
Employee Assistance Program
Paid time off & Paid Holidays
NHSC Loan Repayment Participant
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look forward to meeting you!
*Signing bonuses paid as per bonus policy; exclusions may apply.
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
- Medical Emergency
- Social Behaviour
- Patient Assessment