Open Systems International, Inc. (OSI) www.osii.com is a fast-paced, growing, high technology company, headquartered in Medina, Minnesota. As a world leader in the Operations Technology (OT) field, OSI develops and supplies state-of-the-art energy management, optimization and control software solutions to energy utility companies worldwide.
Our Government Services team at Ft. Meade is expanding to meet the needs of our largest DoD client. We are seeking energetic and self-driven engineers to work alongside our client in a dynamic work environment within their secure facilities.
The Electrical Engineer position will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to be responsible for the design, implementation, administration, and maintenance of the client’s Electrical SCADA System that monitors and controls electrical power across their local campus and enterprise sites around the globe.
In This Position You Will Have The Following Responsibilities
Candidates must be motivated, take initiative, customer-focused, strong attention to detail, successful at working as part of a team, and able to collaborate with internal and external resources to be successful.
- Evaluate project blueprints, electrical one-lines, and control schematics
- Design SCADA configurations that meet the contractual and customer expectations
- Prepare submittal documentation for transmission to OSI's customers/prime contractors
- Perform or oversee the SCADA build based upon an accepted design
- Program/configure Data concentrators, Remote Terminal Units (RTU), and other Intelligent Electrical Devices (IED) for compatibility with SCADA design as required
- Support field testing/commissioning of delivered solutions
- Plan, integrate, test, train and commission hardware and software requirements on customer systems
- Provide networking and system/application design
- Perform hardware, software and system installation, integration and testing for projects
- Customize system, hardware and network configuration based on customer requirements.
- Provide customer support and assistance per contract maintenance and warranty.
- Create and execute maintenance procedures for customer systems, and field equipment
- Assist in creating training materials and project documentation as needed
- Oversee project quality, and provide technical direction for technicians
- Troubleshoot and resolve system and communication issues
- BS or MS degree from an accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field
- Strong technical background in automation and computers
- Some experience planning, directing and performing hardware, software and system installation, integration and testing on energy management control systems
- Some knowledge of electric utilities, power systems, communications, control systems and/or networking
- Ability to obtain a Government Clearance
- Ability to work on several projects in parallel in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Strong commitment to providing superior customer service
- Ability and flexibility to travel to domestic and international customer sites for field work
- Active Top Secret Government Clearance with polygraph
- Strong technical background in automation and computers. Familiarity with public utilities.
- Experience in one or more of the following: power systems, electric utility operations/dispatch, real-time control systems, client/server applications, network communications, UNIX/Linux/Windows operation systems, C/C++.
- Experience with CAD and software programming.
OSI offers a comprehensive benefit package to our full-time regular employees. Benefits include health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) matching, bonuses, profit sharing and a generous amount of paid time off and paid holidays. Additional perks include flexible work hours, employee events, fitness discounts, casual dress code, exciting travel opportunities, employee referral bonus programs, and more.
As an employee of OSI you will have access to cutting edge technologies in a fun, professional, positive and dynamic work environment. We have excellent opportunities for growth and development.
Discover your future. Discover OSI.
- Application Design
- Attention To Detail