Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in Abbott Park, IL currently has an opportunity for a Senior Manager of Diversity and Workforce Compliance.
The Diversity Workforce Compliance Manager will develop and implement the organization's diversity initiatives and strategy to attract, hire and maintain a compliant diverse and equitable workplace
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Interpret new fair employment laws and implement changes in policies and regulations governing compliance. Supervise and lead compliance-related projects and initiatives and proactively formulate risk mitigation strategies.
- Maintain knowledge of new and existing employment laws; ensure organizational compliance with federal, state, and local employment regulations including personnel files, recordkeeping, background screening program and vendor compliance.
- Oversee the planning and delivery for all workforce compliance-related reporting, projects, and initiatives.
- Advise on matters related to I-9 and E-Verify compliance, Wage and Hour, FLSA, FMLA, OFCCP, EEOC and ensure we are compliant with appropriate reporting.
- Manage escalations in partnership with internal and external General Counsel.
- Responsible for all US & Puerto Rico workforce compliance filings and requirements of annual employment compliance programs such as employment law/posting compliance, I9, eVerify, and EEO1, Veteran Reporting, etc.
- Collaboration across the business determining strategies, leading ad hoc project teams, trainings, and other compliance-related initiatives.
- Supports HR in complying with requirements of employment regulations, regulatory agencies. Ensure requirements are met through HR systems, policies, processes, and practices.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in employment-related obligations and workforce compliance best practices, providing counsel and guidance.
- Conduct regular assessments of HR practices to identify and evaluate risk. Recommend and implement compliant solutions.
- Perform internal workforce-compliance evaluations of operations, documents, and communications to ensure policies and obligations are being followed. Assist in response to employment-related external audits and inquiries.
- Prepare and deliver workforce compliance-related training to communicate requirements and educate associates on how to comply.
- Researches, develops, recommends, and executes creative strategies to foster the organization's diversity, & inclusion (D&I) goals.
- Reviews current practices and policies, assessing and analyzing the extent to which they support or hinder the company's D&I goals.
- Collects and analyzes statistical data to evaluate the company's population in accordance with D&I standards and goals.
- Acts as company liaison with government agencies concerning affirmative action and equal employment opportunities.
- Maintains knowledge of diversity-related issues, legislation, and best practices.
- Provides training and policy updates to colleagues, ensuring legal compliance of management and human resources staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources or related field required, Masters’ or JD degree preferred.
- At least 7 years of Human Resources or related experience required with at least 5 years specializing in equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, and diversity programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in HRIS system (preferably Workday)
- Demonstrated ability and experience in articulating and presenting with confidence to large professional groups.
- Excellent overall written and verbal communication skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Manager, Diversity & Workforce Compliance
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Manager, Diversity & Workforce Compliance, on Facebook at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Manager, Diversity & Workforce Compliance and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Background Checks
- Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993
- Labour Laws
- Human Resources Information System (Hris)