Assistant Controller for Nonprofit
CFS of New York is currently working with a well-established Non-Profit organization who is seeking a Assistant Controller to join their team.
About the Organization
- Stable non-profit organization with over $100million in operating budget with over 50 programs.
- Providing support for children, adults, and families in the communities across the tri-state area
- The role is located in Brooklyn located by many train lines and buses, the LIRR and is easily accessible. The role will be a combination of remote and in office at the flexibility of the candidate.
- This role offers a competitive, great benefits and growth opportunities; the Staff is friendly and many have been there for a long tenure with the organization
- Employee reviews about the organization include: "The company has a flexible schedule and it is very inclusive with their employees" and "Growing organization, focused leadership with vision. Longstanding leadership team."
Responsibilities of the Assistant Controller
- Role will be managing a team of accountants; will be reviewing work but also be a hands on leader with regards to support for month-end and year-end close processes
- Coordinate and assist staff with the monthly billing to various funding sources
- Year-end close reports preparations; CFR reporting
- Preparation of Monthly Financial Statements
- Maintaining the General Ledger, journal entries, fixed assets
- Preparing budgets for various programs and responsible for modifications forecasts and reporting variances
- Additional ad hoc responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer
Qualifications of the Assistant Controller
- Progressive experience in an accounting role with nonprofit organization; Public accounting experience also a plus
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance; MBA/CPA is a plus
- Strong hands-on leader who is also flexible with a friendly disposition
- Financial Management
- General Ledger