Apex Systems is looking for a Maintenance Tech, if you are interested please apply for immediate consideration!
- Utilizes computer software, including management reporting systems and construction project management software in order to plan, monitor and report on construction projects.
- Establishes initial project schedule including task definition and breakdown in accordance with standard procedures.
- Responsible for securing the proper building permits, and hazardous materials surveys for construction work performed.
- Responsible for project communication including distributing schedule changes as warranted by customer, facilitating project meetings and pre-construction meetings, and providing proper notification to FM district operations for shutdowns.
- Ensures compliance with building codes, safety requirements, and partners with appropriate University departments to resolve safety, environmental, and workers compensation issues.
- Plans for contract close-out, including occupancy, commissioning (if any), warranty, and maintenance manuals.
- Manages the procurement process for all materials and services for the project. Solicits vendor and sub-contractor proposals and quotes, evaluates and makes awards per purchasing requirements.
- Completes all required purchasing documentation.
- Responsible for reviewing all field change orders, including assessing budget and schedule impact, and communication with all project stakeholders.
- Create overall project schedule with milestones for construction activities based on material delivery and customer needs.
- Works with the Superintendent in troubleshooting field problems that arise during construction.
- Interface with customers to minimize impact of construction activities.
- Coordinates final punch list walk-through with customer and other stakeholders.
AA degree in construction management or HVAC
At least 1-2 years of related work experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178