Volt has partnered with a leading automotive manufacturer in Irvine to help identify a Tax Administrator for immediate hire.
In this role you will prepare tax returns and extension/estimated tax calculation and processing of tax payments. This position will also assist with state tax planning as well as responding to tax notices, state tax audits, and various parent company requests. You will also conduct tax research on tax laws relating to tax compliance matters and assist with sales tax audit.
Specific duties will entail:
- Prepare income tax returns and related workpapers on an annual basis. This includes all book to tax adjustment workpapers, federal and state depreciation calculation workpapers, apportionment workpapers and separate/combined calculations for all 50 states
- Prepare estimate/extension calculation and payment processing on a quarterly basis
- Prepare state apportionment schedules on a monthly basis
- Assist in responding to tax notices/state income tax audits, various parent company requests, and sales tax audit on an as needed basis
- Assist with state tax planning, including multi-state apportionment planning, business vs. non business concepts, unitary business concepts, state depreciation methods, maximizing tax benefits for timing differences, etc
- Conduct research on tax laws relating to tax compliance matters
Qualified candidates will have:
- Completed BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- Understanding of general accounting and income tax laws
- 3- 5 years of experience of federal and state income tax return preparation experience
- Experience in a public accounting firm is highly preferred
This position is temporary expected to last 3 months, possibly longer. Pay is between $25-35/hr based on experience. Hours are full time, M-F from 8am - 5pm. To apply, submit resume today.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles