To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wood Dale, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MetalWorking Customer Rep
MSC Industrial Supply Co., Inc. • Wood Dale, IL
Posted 3 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
Provide excellent customer service to all customers, internal and external, through various business channels while driving sales growth.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately handle inbound calls including entering customer orders, quotes, and updating customer files and records.
- Follow all established quality call guidelines and achieve established quality goals.
- Adhere to all required processes within AS400 to minimize errors in order processing.
- Meet or exceed sales revenue objective through use of approved promotional tools and methods.
- Advise and assist customers both internal and external in matters including but not limited to order tracking and tracing, delivery status, and RMA entry.
- Utilize company’s telephone system to answer customer calls and contact customers.
- Apply keyboarding skills to accurately enter a high volume or orders.
- Attend work on time and complete assigned work shifts.
- Use communication tools to include telephone, computer, electronic communication etc.
- Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships in workplace.
- Learns and applies the MSC Culture to ensure proper direction of intentions and efforts.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or the equivalent required
- Some college a plus
- Some inbound/outbound telephone sales, customer service or industry experience a plus.
- Ability to address and overcome customer objections required
- Planning and organization skills required
- Computer software application skills required
- Excellent communication skills required
- Understanding of competitive suppliers preferred
- Industrial Product knowledge preferred
- Working knowledge of machine shop concepts preferred
- Sales closing skills preferred
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.