To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Long Beach, CA
- Vaco - Orange County
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Payroll Manager Needed-Long Beach-Ultipro Required!
Vaco Resources • Long Beach, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our clients have immediate opportunities in Human Resources for an interim Payroll Manager; don't let your resume get lost in the shuffle - let us work for you! At Vaco, we give you an advantage over your competition! Our recruiters have direct relationships with hiring companies, so they can connect your work experience to the open job-promoting your strengths to the hiring manager while preparing you for that specific interview.
As a Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the payroll department, tax payments, and filings.
Additional Job Duties:
- The Manager Payroll is responsible for the direction, planning and staffing of shared services including payroll, timekeeping, and expense processing. Staying abreast of wage and hour changes and implementing as needed. This position is also responsible for exploring options to automate and reduce costs on company-wide systems and strengthen internal controls.
- Manage and oversee the payroll function, including quarterly and annual tax returns, W-2's, amendments, prior years' discrepancies, and audits.
- Determine appropriate taxation of all employee earnings and fringe benefits.
- Develop and implement workflow and tasks necessary to accomplish accurate and timely payment to employees.
- Maintain Payroll department structure of responsibilities and guidelines by reviewing, updating, and implementing polices and procedures.
- Review and interpret reports prepared by staff personnel in the payroll department.
- Responsible for system administration of shared services-UltiPro payroll and timekeeping, and Concur Expense.
- Lead system upgrades and conversions, as needed.
- Recommend, establish, and implement internal controls to maintain compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Continually look for opportunities to improve processes and systems.
- Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and counseling employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Responsible for reconciliation of accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), benefit and payroll withholding accounts.
- Develops "best practices" new and review of existing policies and procedures.
- Identifies control and/or process inefficiencies and propose enhancements to the current process striving for continuous improvement.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing and contributing to professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 7+ years of experience in multi-state payroll management.
- Strong background (training and experience) in employment tax law, wage and hour standards, tax return preparation and tax dispute negotiations.
- Systems experience, including integrated payroll, timekeeping, and human resource software.
- Demonstrated management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide professional customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational, decision-making and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of staff.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Proficient in MS Office