The Rexnord Coupling group has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer focusing on Composite Drive Shaft Quotes, Orders, and Drawings. The position will be based at our facility in New Berlin, WI but will travel to the Lincoln, NE facility. The successful individual will operate in a cross-functional team environment, consisting of Engineering, Marketing, and Operations. The focus of this position is configured and engineered couplings used in a variety of applications, for an array of domestic and global markets.Responsibilities
* Provide engineering expertise for Composite Drive Shafts in both domestic and foreign markets. This will encompass the Roller and Tube product lines. This position will be integral in verifying design, creating quotes and drawings for production orders.
* Technical training and support of sales associates for composite drive shafts. This would include before the sale support, in-plant inspection support, failure analysis (including vibration analysis), calculations, and writing reports.
* Sales support - assisting the commercial team in traveling with sales personnel to customer locations/engineering firms giving technical presentations.
* Create, update, and maintain drawings for production specification
* Create technical reference material for internal and external use.
* Consultation on Engineered to order (ETO) couplings. Determine technical specifications and make design calculations based on standard practice or made to order requirements
* Create engineering documentation such as bills of materials, routers, submittals, detail drawings and revisions, and installation instructions as appropriate
* Design of equipment for in plant use
* Troubleshoot manufacturing problems. Assist in process improvements and equipment procurement
* Daily OTD/PPM tracking
* Solve shop problems concerning the interpretation of drawings, manufacturing methods, and material requirements. Interface with design engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and purchasing teams to provide a competitive advantage in quality, innovation, and service
* Using your business acumen and the RBS toolbox (Rexnord Business System - Lean manufacturing methods) develop and implement newer, more efficient processes and procedures that will improve SQDC and other key business metrics, both tactical and strategic
* Adheres to, communicates and maintains standard processes, procedures and policies
Participates in special projects as required
* Some experience in Quality methods used to determine root cause and implement corrective actions
* Some travel required between New Berlin and Lincoln
* Maintain a safe and clean working environment Leadership Competencies
Action Oriented: Readily takes on challenges without unnecessary planning; identifies and seizes new opportunities; steps up to handle tough challenges
Manages Complexity: Asks the right questions to accurately analyze a situation; Acquires data from multiple sources when solving problems; uncovers root causes to difficult problems; evaluates pros, cons, risks, and benefits of different solution options.
Resourcefulness: Marshals resources to get things done; orchestrates multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal; gets the most out of limited resources; applies knowledge of internal structures, processes, and culture to resourcing efforts.
Cultivates Innovation: Comes up with useful ideas that are new better or unique; introduces new ways of looking at problems; can take a creative idea and put it into practice; encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation.
Tech Savvy: Anticipates the impact of emerging technologies and makes adjustments; sans the environment for new technical skills, knowledge or capabilities that can benefit business or personal performance, rejects low impact or fad technologies; readily learns and adopts new technologies
Customer Focus: Gains insight into customer needs; identifies opportunities that benefit the customer; builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations; establishes and maintains effective customer relationships.
Experience and Skill Required
* Bachelor's Degree in Composite, Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Materials Engineering is required.
* 0-2 years engineering experience, preferably in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
* Internship or Co-op experience is applicable.
* Computer proficiency in MS Office.
* Technical aptitude and familiarity with manufacturing processes.
* Use of ERP system, preferably SAP. Other software as required on a project basis. The Company
* 3D CAD modeling and engineering spreadsheet experience preferred.
Rexnord® is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a diverse array of global end markets. Founded in 1891, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 8,000 associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit www.rexnordcorp.com.
Our Process & Motion Control platform designs, manufactures, markets and services highly engineered mechanical components that help customers increase productivity and prevent downtime. Rexnord aerospace products can be found throughout aircraft from the engine to the landing gear. Our Water Management platform offers water solutions that help protect human health and the environment.
The company is operated in a disciplined way with the Rexnord Business System (RBS), a process-based framework for world-class operating performance and continuous improvement. RBS enables speed, scalability and consistency to drive superior customer satisfaction and financial results. By deploying our RBS methodology, Rexnord continues to solidify and grow long-standing, globally competitive businesses, while systematically integrating acquisitions and finding new ways to grow.
Doing the right thing has been part of our core values for more than a century. So have volunteerism and philanthropy, and our Rexnord Foundation formalized this commitment more than 60 years ago. We make our communities better with individual and organizational volunteering, matching gifts, grants, scholarships and corporate donations. Business Unit
Within Rexnord Power Transmission, we design, manufacture, market and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components worldwide used within complex systems where our customers' reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are extremely high. We keep industry moving with products and services that enhance the reliability of equipment supporting key industries, including food, beverage & liquid, automotive, energy, and mining. Our new digital productivity platform, DiRXN (pronounced "Direction"), based on the integration of innovative Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and e-commerce technologies with a leading portfolio of tools, products and services, connects our customers to data and information that allows them to optimize productivity across all stages of their lifecycles. Total Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive Salary & Variable Incentive Compensation Plan (position specific)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- Discretionary Personal Retirement Account
- Matching 401(k) Contribution
- Health Savings Account
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Product Quality Assurance
Computer Aided Design