WBFF FOX45 has an immediate opening for a dynamic News Operations Manager! The News Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring the superior quality of news video and audio on all platforms. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in cutting edge news gathering technology and have extensive knowledge in digital distribution of live and stored video. It’s a must to be a forward-thinking, hands-on manager with strong leadership skills and the ability to see possibilities where potential roadblocks exist.
• Managing the WBFF FOX45 News operations for television, digital and social. Responsible for initiating and managing content delivery on multiple platforms
• Partnering with News and Engineering managers to plan, coordinate and implement news-related systems
• Directly supervises Chief Photojournalist, Chief Director, Studio Techs and Editors
• Responsible for scheduling of crews, performance appraisals and creative critiques
• Establish and implement short and long-range technical systems and operating procedures for the local news department and Corporate directives
• Assist in the planning and coordinating of live field productions, town halls, breaking news
• Work closely with senior management team to establish content, philosophy and direction of the news product
• Collaborate with News Director and Chief Engineer on managing operating and capital budget projects
• Coordinate production for other Sinclair TV stations and breaking news events
• Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliance, and subsequently provide feedback and coaching to all news staff in their work performance
• Coach fellow employees on safe work practices as appropriate and contribute to the overall success of the company’s safety program
• Extensive knowledge of news ENG acquisition and distribution, assignment desk coordination and logistics and control room technologies
• Track all expenses related to technology and assigned personnel
• Ability to manage multiple hours of daily newscasts and must have a proven track record of successful contribution to consistently flawless product
• Familiarity of union contracts preferred
• Teamwork and the ability to get along with others is an essential function of the job
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and proactively take action
• Must have a flexible schedule to accommodate 24 hour news operation
• Degree in technology preferred
• Strong organizational and delegation skills a must
• A minimum of 7 - 10 years professional experience in news/content creation with proven leadership skills is required.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Contract Management
- Data Collection
- Delegation Skills
- Fact Checking
- Logistics Operations