Nurse Tech AdventHealth SC Connerton
Location Address: 9441 Health Center Drive Land O' Lakes, Florida 34637
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth SC Connerton
- Specialty hospital for medically complex patients
- Pulmonary and Vapotherm Center of Excellence
- Staff consists of all Registered Respiratory Therapist, 65% BSN or above RN’s, Current staff certifications include CCRN, PCCN, CNML, WCNC, NEA-BC, and RN-BC
- Onsite BSN completion program partnership with South University with staff discounted rate
- Simulation Lab and Clinical Transition Pilot Program
You Will Be Responsible For:
- The Nurse Technician supports the delivery of patient care in accordance with standards of care emphasizing basic hygiene, comfort, and activities of daily living under the direction of the Registered Nurse to promote the achievement of identified patient outcomes. Reports changes of condition, potential problems or concerns involving the patient or family promptly to the nurse in timely manner (i.e. vital signs, intake/output).
- Assists in maintaining patient skin integrity by:
- Turning and repositioning patient according to policy.
- Notifies nurse if skin breakdown observed.
- Performs accucheks and hemocults per hospital procedure and documents.
- Documents accurately and timely all procedures and patient care tasks.
- Removes peripheral IV catheters, disposes of in accordance with hospital biohazardous waste policy, observes site and notifies nurse of condition. Documents in electronic medical record (EMR).
- Empties Foley bags, JP’s, and hemovacs. Documents care and intake/output in the (EMR).
- Specimen Collection as assigned by RN and following hospital policy for patient identification.
- Takes vital signs, accurate weights, and measures intake/output and documents accurately.
- Transports patients with necessary equipment to destinations within scheduled time frames, observing correct techniques.
- Assists in positioning, lifting, and ambulating patients, using appropriate safety precautions and body mechanics.
- Answers call lights in a timely manner.
- Distributes linen supplies.
- Supports nutritional needs of the patient by:
- Assisting with meal set-up.
- Feeding patients within identified restrictions.
- Documents percent of meal intake including supplements.
- Notifies and documents communication to nurse if patient does not have adequate p.o. intake for meals or snacks, or if the patient is not following fluid restrictions in timely manner.
- Performs proper hand-washing techniques before, during, and after patient care at all times.
- Demonstrates safety in care of patients with restraints:
- Ensures restraints are applied properly according to FHT policy/procedure.
- Reports any patient behavioral changes to the nurse.
- Demonstrates responsibility for patient safety related to falls.
- Participates in frequent “tech checks” to decrease patient need to use call light system and increase patient safety.
- Places bed alarms on patients at risk for falls.
- Recognizes all patients are on fall risk in the hospital environment:
- Responds immediately to patient bed alarms.
- Responds to call bells in a timely manner.
- Is proactive in meeting all patient needs.
- Adheres to specifics on isolation signage for patients Acts as preceptor for new unit staff members as assigned. Ensures safe and effective handoff communications between care givers.
What You Will Need:
- High School education or equivalent
- Completion of a formal Certified Nursing Assistant education program or Must be currently enrolled in an accredited nursing program with transcripts providing for successful completion of fundamentals of nursing course materials. , Or,
- Completion of the equivalent of Basic Fundamentals of Nursing, from an accredited Nursing Program.
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Current Florida Certified Nursing Assistant license, validated by Florida Board of Nursing (unless currently enrolled in BSN program with completion of fundamentals of nursing).
- Phlebotomy certification at first session possible following orientation.
Perform specific tasks or routines supportive to delivery of patient care while performing as “Goodwill Ambassador”; conducting patient and family checks in the assigned nursing unit under the direction of a Registered Nurse in accordance with Division of Nursing standards. Will also perform clerical duties related to computers, workstation on wheels (WOWs) equipment and supply checks. Responsible for the inventory and ordering of supplies, equipment and services needed to support the efficient operation of the assigned nursing unit and patient care delivery
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Registered Nurse Certified
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (Ccrn)
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Nurse Manager And Leader