This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
The Transportation Planner is a key part of Pactiv’s Supply Chain organization. In this role you will manage the transportation planning and execution of one or multiple shipping locations in our network. This will require an individual who is a self-starter, thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a “business owner” mentality. Pactiv is currently building a Center of Excellence for Transportation, while adopting best in class technology. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor! Come join a dynamic team and set the bar for excellence! Do you have what it takes?
Here’s what you’ll do…
- Planning and tendering of loads based on routing and financial parameters
- Track and trace activities to ensure optimal service
- Build and maintain carrier relationships to support the business
- Hold carriers accountable for cost, service and capacity commitments
- Work with regional operations liaison(s) to ensure efficient and timely execution of loads
- Provide proactive communication on service failures and field requests for status updates on critical shipments
- Partner and collaborate with other functional areas as needed (Customer Service, Operations, Inventory Control, etc…)
- Be part of a fun and dynamic team that likes to win!
Here’s what you’ll need…
- High school diploma or equivalent and 3+ years of logistics/customer service experience
- Knowledge of the transportation industry
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work comfortably in a collaborative team environment
- A “can do” attitude and the drive to back it up
Icing on the cake…
- BA/BS in Logistics or Business
- Knowledge of SAP
- Experience with Transportation Management System applications (JDA preferred)
- Experience with transportation visibility software (FourKites preferred)
- Previous experience with Tableau
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Transportation Planner.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
#CB1 "IND1P" #LI-TM1