To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Salt Lake City, UT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Salt Lake City Food Service Delivery Driver- $70k-$75K
McLane Company • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Salt Lake City, UT Routes:
Local Routes (14 hours or less)- 80%
2 Night Routes (1 layover)- 20%
10-16 Store Deliveries Per Load
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely distribution of food staples, food specialty products and restaurant supplies to various customer locations. Tenure class is 0-4 months.
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Drive tractor, maneuvering into position to attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
* Inspect tractor-trailer for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
* Inspect bill of lading and store keys for accuracy in off-hour delivery. Inspect trailer to ensure product is secure for undamaged transport of product.
* Drive tractor-trailer to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle on the road and on customer premises.
* Maintain driver log (Manual or Peoplenet) according to DOT regulations, documenting delivery receipt, product temperatures and exceptions.
* Unload trailer, delivering product into customer premises.
* Perform any other duties as necessary.
* Meet this position's physical demands.
A teammate in this position must:
* Be at least 21 years of age.
* Possess a CDL Class A License; minimum driving experience of 1 year or 50,000 verifiable miles of tractor-trailer experience (If less, additional training time will be required at the discretion of the RVP) or successful completion of the McLane Driver Training Program.
* Not have more than two moving violations in past 3 years.
* Not have been convicted of a DWI/DUI within the past 5 years in any vehicle, public or private.
* Be able to read and comprehend labels, instructions, and bills of lading.
* Be able to perform mathematical calculations to verify quantities of product.
* Be able to use a Tractor-trailer, 2 wheel dolly, ramp, and on-board Peoplenet device.
* Be able to lift maximum of 100 lbs, and frequent lifting/carrying of up to 50 lbs.
* The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center, Transportation Department, or Transportation Shop.
* The environment includes the tractor trailer.
* The environment includes customer facilities.
UT-Salt Lake City