Praxair Surface Technologies (PST), a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking a Sprayer / Production Technician in our plant located in Manchester, CT.
Praxair Surface Technologies, Inc. (PST), a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a global industrial gas company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information about PST is available at URL blocked - click to apply
Inspects parts and operates robotic equipment to apply specified coating.
Sprayer / Production Technicians are responsible for coating parts by spraying coating according to customer specifications and PST Standard Practices including inspection of parts prior to application and finished products to determine and ensure parts are uniformly covered. Sprayer / Production Technicians must be detail oriented, and have the ability to maintain the highest quality standards during spraying process. Sprayer / Production Technician (Thermal) – 2nd shift
- Working safely is our number 1 priority!!
- Reviews job card indicating customer specifications
- Fills and programs powder feeders
- Inspects masked/taped parts prior to spraying
- Sprays test piece and conveys to lab for inspection as per customer specifications
- Takes dimensional measurement after base and final coat
- Inspects thickness of coated parts
- Work in a dynamic teamwork environment
Communicate and work well in a diverse environment
- High School degree or equivalent is required
- 1 year related experience required
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, stoop, or kneel
- Must be physically able to regularly lift 10 lbs. occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to follow detailed written instructions
- Ability to calculate figures & apply concepts of algebra and geometry
- Must be able to work 2nd shift
- Working extended hours and/or weekends may be required
Access to export controlled technology/technical data and/or items required to perform this Position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-799, and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR"), 22 C.F.R. Part 120-130) and the company's export control procedures, pursuant to which the release of such technology/technical data and/or items to anyone other than a U.S. Person* may be considered an export to the person’s home country and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Thus, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this Position. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a "green card" holder), or any individual who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.
Export Administration Regulations