- Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a great sales team and a strong company that believes in their people?
- Do you want to use your industrial rubber and application knowledge to help solve customer problems, answer their questions to build sales and customer satisfaction?
As a Technical Sales & Service Representative (TSSR) at Applied Industrial Technologies, you will use your strong customer service and technical skills to respond directly to customer requests and support our Applied® Account Manager team regarding applications, product selection, and installation of our industrial rubber product selection. You'll spend time interacting with customers to determine their needs and then helping to meet that need. You will have a direct impact on customer satisfaction, retention, and sales results!
- Provide technical customer support and problem solving for rubber applications, systems and supporting components to customers and our own Branch sales/support associates
- Professional point of contact for customer quotes and product sourcing
- Build customer satisfaction and sales by providing assistance for product selection, interchange & replacements, cycle time reductions, and improving overall customer satisfaction
- Timely and accurate reporting
- Works closely with vendors, maintaining positive relationships while negotiating specs, pricing, and deadlines.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Verify receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received. Provide purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- 2+ years proven customer service or sales experience
- Use of proper English grammar, written and verbal
- Ability to read / understand technical drawings
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Listening, negotiating, and effective questioning skills
- Ability & desire to quickly learn new processes and systems
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize job duties to ensure company inventory is maintained in accordance to company policies.
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to pass a DOT medical and drug screen
- Industrial rubber products application knowledge (conveyor belting, fabrication, splicing), preferred
When you join the Applied® team, you will enjoy:
- Base salary and bonus opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package including health care, vision, & dental, 401(k) with company match
- Personalized training & development program
- Career development opportunities
Work for a corporation that believes in developing its people. Applied ® employees believe in the company and love the environment. Individual contributors with fresh ideas and passion for excellence are encouraged and rewarded.
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to Email blocked - click to apply or call Phone number blocked - click to apply to let us know the nature of your request.
Operate Cash Register