Join Land O'Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to fork, building vibrant communities along the way. We're a global, Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative, which means we work for one another-not Wall Street. We're proud to rank a Top Workplace. We offer:
* Competitive compensation and rewards
* Best-in-class healthcare for you and your family
* Powerful savings programs
* Training and career progression
Quality Assurance Supervisor
The Quality Assurance Supervisor will manage the Quality system and laboratory to provide accurate and timely analytical support to production teams, minimize environmental impact, and ensure Quality system requirements are being met at the Hampton, IA plant.
This person works closely with the plant's management team and QC Laboratory to provide accurate and timely analytical support to plant production teams, minimize environmental impact, and ensure Divisional Quality system requirements are implemented and being met at the plant site. Coaches the plant management team and trains plant personnel on quality systems and best practices with the goal of preventing quality deficiencies. Helps to build the plant and divisional quality culture.
* Manage the Quality system and QC Laboratory to support efficient production and to ensure all Omnium quality standards are upheld.
* Provide support to Land O'Lakes and contract customers to meet business objectives.
* Assist Divisional Technical Manager in maintaining risk-based QMS programs and procedures, ensuring divisional compliance and training needs are met.
* Assist production teams in determining solutions and process changes for out of specification batches to enhance productivity
* Provide a safe and hospitable work environment and promote environmental awareness and impact.
* This position will have multiple direct reports in the lab.
Required Education and Experience:
* B.S. or B.A. in Chemistry or related major.
* 3-5 years experience as a lab technician or chemist in a chemical industry with some supervisory experience (leadership).
* If no Bachelors Degree, then 10+ years of lab experience including GC/HPLC extensive knowledge
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Knowledge of lab safety requirements and environmental issues.
* Knowledge of HPLC, GC and general lab equipment used for physical testing, including use, maintenance, repair, and training.
* Knowledge of lab operating procedures and processes.
* Knowledge of Quality Systems (ISO/QS) and experience in implementation and system maintenance. Knowledge of plant production processes.
* Knowledge of expense control.
* Computer skills-MS Outlook, Word, Excel & Access.
* Good mathematics skills and analytical techniques.
* Understanding of SPC (statistical process control) and its application.
* Excellent Communication skills - oral and written.
* Good Organization,
* Negotiation & Influencing and Management skills.
* Ability to coordinate multiple projects and conflicting priorities.
* Ability to provide accurate and timely results with available equipment.
* Ability to promote and work in a team environment.
* Ability to work with a diverse range of people.
* Ability to train and empower direct reports.
* Ability to perform trouble shooting and problem solving.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O'Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U
) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- Business Planning
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Ms Access