The Mine Supervisor/Shift Engineer is accountable for the safe/efficient operation and production planning of the Mine and all related activities. Shift assignments may vary.
- Continuous improvement in workplace safety by promptly addressing the root causes of OIIs or near misses, conducting effective safety meetings, promptly addressing safety concerns raised by employees, and leading by example.
- Supervise employees to meet production and hoisting schedules for maximum efficiency. Evaluate condition of mine equipment and coordinate scheduling of all major maintenance activities.
- Create work orders for repairs to equipment.
- Ensure the safety of the mine environment by maintaining compliance with Company policy and government regulations. (e.g., check for adequate ventilation, conditions of backs and rib, equipment break downs, and general observations of employees).
- Operate department in compliance with MSHA, company EHSQ rules and standards.
- Complete work place examinations of each work area at start of the shift
- Ensure compliance with QC requirements (GMP, HAACP, etc.) and providing leadership to drive continuous improvements in product quality.
- Accountable for safe and efficient operations in the Mine.
- Complete and maintain daily production reports.
- Perform tasks dealing with month-end closing responsibilities.
- Prepare short-range and long-range mine plans.
- Prepare engineering designs for safety and production.
- Prepare monthly forecast and analysis information.
- Ensure regulatory permits and conditions are met for continued mining.
- Maintain high standards for housekeeping and taking advantage of available straight time labor resources to manage housekeeping tasks.
- Manage special projects as instructed by Mine/Rock Production Manager.
- Maintain daily production log and turns in operating reports on a daily basis.
- Meet budget performance goals in applicable cost centers.
- Minimize waste from operations.
- Ensure OPIs are completed and actions are taken based on OPI comments.
- Accountable/responsible for submitting clearly written work requests for repair work done in area of responsibility and ensuring repair work is completed per the return to service policy.
- Ensure that established operating procedures are followed and that operators are properly trained.
- Provide vacation relief and weekend coverage as necessary. May be responsible for workweek start-ups (Sunday night).
- Bachelors degree in Engineering.
- Three (3) years experience operating/working in mining.
- Underground mining experience preferred.
- Supervisory and SAP experience preferred.
Oversee Entire Shift
Training Crew Members
Oversight Of Production
Daily Production Standards
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 2019-2419
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Morton Salt Inc., a K+S Group company, employs nearly 3,000 people in offices, warehouses, and production facilities throughout the United States, Canada, and the Bahamas. The Salt Group is the name used to describe the combination of Morton Salt, The Canadian Salt Company, Limited, and Morton Bahamas, Limited. A career with Morton Salt means being part of an American tradition. Add some spice to your future. Begin a career with Morton Salt.
View the full profile