ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following the applicable state and federal regulations.
- Load and unload trucks, or help others with loading and unloading.
- Couple and uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air and electrical lines.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil, fuel, and radiator fluid, or performing minor repairs.
- Operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks or overhead cranes to move stock or reorganize storage.
- Responsible for cleanliness of his/her own work area and the general housekeeping of the Company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- OTR Truck Driving - 12 Months experience.
- Class A Commercial Driver License required.
- Experienced using Electronic Logs for Drivers (ELD).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Frequent mental and visual attention where the flow is intermittent with intermittent checking. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally required to walk, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Truck Cab, Plant, Warehouse or Remote Locations:
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee may be working near moving mechanical parts and be exposed to airborne particles and chemicals. In these locations, the employee will be required to wear safety glasses and safety shoes. Hearing protection may also be necessary in some locations.
- Materials Management
- Medical Emergency