At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The more you do, the more you learn. As you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. This Provider Relations Advocate role with UnitedHealthcare will call on your knowledge, energy, and commitment to making health care work more effectively for more people. We're building better, more effective provider networks every day.
The Dental Provider Relations Advocate is responsible for a full range of provider relations and service interactions within UnitedHealthcare, including being the face of UnitedHealthcare (UHC) Dental whether in-person or over the phone. This role is responsible for developing, enhancing, and delivering provider education programs, addressing escalated high-level complex issues, and communicating resolution in a professional well written manner. The role also ensures the network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider specialties through spot recruitment as needed. This role will cover an assigned territory and will focus on Medicare, PPO, and DHMO lines of business.
We are looking for a self-motivator who is comfortable working independently, while enjoying the cost savings of a telecommuter position. You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in a challenging environment where you’ll be given support and direction for success.
If you are located in California, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Telephonic and face-to-face Provider Education
- Site Audits
- Contribute to design and implementation of programs that build positive relationships between the dental plan, providers, practice managers, and internal stake holders
- Address high-level escalated issues and communicate resolution to stakeholders
- FQHC and large dental practice relationship owner
- In-person visits for network maintenance, education, and ensuring solid provider relationships
- Targeted Provider recruitment and retention as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in healthcare, sales, or dental related industry
- 2+ years of Dental/Medical Provider Relations and/or provider network experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Willing and able to travel up to 25-50% of the time within territory assigned
- This is a telecommuter role and will need to be located in the designated state
- Provider negotiation and contracting experience
- Salesforce experience
- Sales / Call environment
- MS PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Dental products/providers
- Knowledge of claim processing systems and guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills, ability to establish rapport and work well with others
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $56,300 to $110,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
•All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.