This position is responsible for the administration of Performance Management in the organization. Incumbent will be responsible for driving the people dimension of MPA’s strategy - enabling alignment of people strategy to business strategy, driving improvements in our high quality workforce, and managing Performance Management Systems. As the subject matter expert, this position will lead all of MPA Performance Management processes by providing management with the necessary tools & knowledge they need to ensure their employees are performing to the best of their ability. Develop and administer effective performance management policies and programs to include annual goal-setting and interim and year end performance review processes, and managing the performance improvement process. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Provides advanced professional analytical support, leadership, and consulting services to business units involved in the planning, development, implementation and administration of performance management processes, programs and initiatives.
• Performs difficult technical personnel staff assignments in one or more of the following areas: Performance Management, Strategic Workforce Planning, Talent/Succession Planning.
• Ensures that assigned performance management program results support MPA’s strategic objectives and comply with applicable MPA, federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations.
• Will work closely with Compensation and Training Managers to develop synergies across the functions.
• Proactively partner to make performance management a part of the ongoing culture; including training, communication, performance improvement plans, career development, and guidance as needed. KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Serves as a technical and subject matter expert in Performance Management and other Talent Management areas (Strategic Workforce Planning, and Talent/Succession Planning); responds to information requests, inquiries, litigations, arbitrations and other queries associated with Talent Management programs and services
• Provides advice, analysis, interpretation and assistance to internal and external customers and clients regarding complex and confidential questions, issues, policies, practices, requirements and services, building relationships across multi-functional teams at all levels within the organization
• Establishes and maintains Performance Management work plans in coordination with clients; creates performance management schedules, provides ongoing reports and status updates, documents work activities and results; modifies work plans as needed and effectively communicates with clients
• Assumes a leadership role for Performance Management; develops program strategies and schedules, recommends and implement new products, processes and methodology in accordance to research and best practices.
• Consults with the business and delivers data driven insights on MPA’s performance management culture and strategies for continuous improvement
• Builds presentations and presents to all levels of the organization
• Analyzes external industry trends, improvement and expansion opportunities to integrate into current culture and systems
• Oversees the administration of the Performance Management Process to include:
- Ratings calibration data collection
- Documenting, maintaining, and organizing area practices and protocols related to Performance Management policy administration and standards
- Staying current on changes to Talent Management policies and processes, and developing and implementing communication plan to appropriate audiences
- Reporting and or creating presentations that discuss the status and results of the process
- Providing recommendations and ideas for increasing operational effectiveness and efficiencies
- Administer Performance improvement Plans and Performance Development Plans
- Maintain ADP Performance Module
• Partners with MPA’s Corporate Training & Development Manager to coordinate MPA wide Performance Management training efforts and performance management learning strategy initiatives; recommends and administers, delivers and reports on training efforts; establishes training delivery standards and provides instructor training; assesses effectiveness of learning and development programs and services and development and delivery of career development and outreach activities
• Partners with MPA’s Compensation & Reward Manager to coordinate MPA wide Merit & Bonus programs tied to Performance Management. Ensure Performance Management objectives and competencies match job description
• Partners with business units and MPA’s Organization & Workforce Development to
• Develop and implement performance management culture strategies
*Keep management informed of any issues