This position will enhance the competencies of individual employees by designing and conducting training programs that will boost employee’s workplace performance in alliance with company’s core values. You will be responsible for performing training needs assessments, designing and delivering curriculum and learning materials for managing all phases of training interventions.
This position will have dual reporting structure to the plant management and corporate training management.
• Map out annual training plans for management and operators
• Develop training programs using Learning Guides, work instructions / SOP’s and videos
• Select appropriate training methods or activities (e.g. simulations, mentoring, on-the-job training)
• Track training by employee and maintain records that are available to operations
• Conduct site-wide training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
• Use known education principles and stay up-to-date on new training methods and techniques
• Develop and prepare educational/training aids and materials, as needed
• Develop training metrics and competency assessments to gauge overall impact of training program
• Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on employee skills and KPIs
• Gather feedback from trainers and trainees after each educational session
• Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with experts regarding instructional design
• Maintain updated curriculum database and training records
• Host train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts
• Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
• Research and recommend new training methods and technology
• Evaluate effectiveness of training courses and provide summary reports to management, determine impact of training on employee skills and corporate goals
Education, Experience, Certifications:
• Minimum of 4 year degree in education, training, manufacturing, or related field
• Experience developing learning strategies that include digital learning
• 5-7 years related experience in manufacturing
• Work experience as a trainer, coach, or training facilitator, preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Experience defining, tracking, and reporting metrics on the effectiveness of content
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, familiarity with web delivery tools
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
• Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple assignments and prioritize work
Travel, additional requirements:
Travel Expectations ≤ 25%
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies ([ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Training Specialist) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Coaching And Mentoring