To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Lead Value Engineer - Offshore (REN 6581)
AVANGRID, Inc • Boston, MA
Posted 7 days ago
The Lead Value Engineer is a key role within the Engineering Department of the Global Offshore Business, focusing on maximizing the value of large-scale offshore wind projects. The individual will be working as part of a global business with activities across Europe and USA.
Through implementation of the internal procedures the value engineer serves as both a challenger and as a partner to the project. In order to be able to add value to the project, the value engineer must first understand the project technical aspects, assumptions and costs, and then analyze the information available using different methods, as well as benchmarking with other internal project data. Finally, the value engineer provides feedback in order to optimize and drive the performance of the project.
The role requires the individual to work together with multi-disciplinary teams and manage elements of work with responsibility for project strategy, control and delivery ensuring value to the project and the company is maximized
Additionally, using the experience gained through the project delivery, ensure that appropriate lessons learned regarding offshore wind farm development and construction are captured and shared across the different Offshore Projects.
Value Engineering manages highly confidential information very sensible for the projects and the business, so it is key to be extremely careful and organize with the information uses.
- To own and prepare the Blue Sheet (document summarizing all the project inputs required for the project business case) of the projects, coordinating, challenging and assessing the inputs from the project team for the CAPEX, OPEX, AEP and Payment Schedule.
- To perform Cost/ Benefit studies to support internal decisions of the project regarding engineering, contracts, inter-phases and fabrication that may impact into the project value or profitability, taking ownership of the studies provided and being able to explain what reasoning is behind the figures.
- Follow up and perform business case updates after FID. This should be linked and coordinated with the project budget control for updating the project CAPEX and Payment Schedules.
- Interface with Offshore Business Performance and the Investment office for issues regarding the Blue Sheet of the project (CAPEX, OPEX, AEP, Payments Schedule).
- Support the Risk Manager where possible through business cases evaluation according to the CAPEX impact and loss of revenues made for each risk.
- Support the gathering of risk and opportunities in the project, as well as helping to manage issue escalations where necessary.
- Support the project manager in delivering the project with the best value possible.
- Ensure the Value Engineering team best practices and processes are implemented and applied in the different project phases
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline such as but not limited to mechanical/ civil/electrical engineering or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years relevant working experience in similar roles
- Strong command of English, both verbally and written.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint); Expert user of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated understanding of financial, commercial and business principles.
- Strong self-performance management and delivery focus with the ability to balance conflicting requirements on quality, costs and time.
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Strong team player, innovative and creative thinker.
- Demonstrated influencing skills, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to be proactive and take responsibility for matters, while responding to competing business demands.
- Tenacity, persistence and determination to succeed in overcoming obstacles.
- High capacity for change and experience of leading others through change.
- Strong ability to manage own performance, with a significant focus on delivery and an ability to balance a varied and challenging workload, whilst producing high quality results in demanding timeframes.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a medical Fit for Duty exam (only if applicable to job requirements), background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle.
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com