Job Title: Dealership Automotive Technician
Job Location: Ann Arbor, MI
1st Shift (8am to 5pm)
Pay Rate: $29.00/hr
- General maintenance and parts exchange of Toyota, Lexus and competitor vehicles
- Setup Instrumentation; install, calibrate, remove all test equipment for fuel economy testing
- Recent dealership experience. We have found dealer techs have a good systematic approach to resolving issues, are up to date on current powertrain technology, and have had factory training which is more in line with what we at Toyota expect.
- Excellent knowledge of engine electrical and electrical schematics. The fuel economy technicians will need to acquire competitor vehicle signals. This may mean probing into a factory wire harnesses and being aware of any potential dangers from doing so. Hybrid Technicians are typically more aware of dangers like this. The tech much be able to research, read and understand factory wiring schematics.
- Bench-marking of competitor fuel economy, signal acquisition, engine wiring and high voltage, engine performance, knowledge of all dangers, recent tech experience, dealership experience a must, knowledge of new technology, focus on engine electrical, access service info, wiring diagrams, hybrid might excel because their awareness.
- Candidate needs to have recent automotive dealership experience at least 3 years
- Education required is High School Diploma or GED, Associates Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of hands on technician experience (dealership or independent)
- Able to safely perform work in a fast-pasted environment
- Ability to gather and understand vehicle data
- Experience in diagnosis of current automotive powertrain related issues
- Good understanding of current automotive fuel injection / ignition systems
- Must be able to drive manual transmission
Important information: This position is recruited by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you will need to send your most up-to-date resume IN A WORD DOCUMENT to URL blocked - click to apply. If you have questions about the position, you may contact me, the recruiter recruiting for this position at URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply