To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Property Operations - Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts • US-Nationwide
Posted 10 days ago
ALOHA! Welcome to paradise at Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort. Capture the 'aloha spirit' at our luxury resort set on 40 acres of tropical gardens bordering Wailea Beach and surrounded by the essence of Hawaiian island living. This beautiful Resort is looking for their next Director Property Operations!
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
What began with the world's most iconic hotel is now the world's most iconic portfolio of hotels. In exceptional destinations around the globe, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reflect the culture and history of their extraordinary locations, as well as the rich legacy of Waldorf Astoria. Simply stated, Waldorf Astoria embodies timeless elegance.
What will I be doing?
As Director Property Operations with Grand Wailea you would be responsible for directing and overseeing the functionality and safety of the facility to protect the well-being of all guests and team members in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Direct and oversee the functionality and safety of the facility, including, but not limited to, physical buildings, mechanical equipment, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, life safety systems and grounds according to federal, state and local regulations
- Conduct facility inspections
- Assign, verify and document completion of all routine maintenance and repairs in the property maintenance management systemDirect, oversee and maintain required documentation for energy management and conservation and preventive maintenance programs
- Lead, manage and communicate information about capital projects and property rehabilitations, including, but not limited to, scheduling, budgeting and complying with contractor bidding standards
- Obtain required licenses and permits to ensure full compliance with codes, regulations and safety standards
- Direct daily department operations including, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, inventory management and cost controls, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, adherence to federal, state and local standards and meeting participation and facilitation
- Acts as a liaison between hotel and vendors to review latest in hotel technology and products.
- Attends Engineering conventions to educate self in latest products to be used in the hotel to increase guest satisfaction and cut costs.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Strong Mechanical Engineering background with experience in repairing and maintaining large facilities. Preferred experience areas to include but not limited to Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Central Plant (Chillers, Boilers, cooling towers, domestic hot water), EMS Energy Management System, HotSos (or comparable system), Kitchen equipment, Spa facilities, Waterfeatures.
- Five years of experience in an engineering leadership/management capacity required (with resort property, hospitality, and/or equivalent military engineering experience preferred.)
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!