SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have a passion forhealthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced,patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Respiratory Therapydepartment. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
What you will do in this role:
The Respiratory Care Practitioner assesses, treats, and cares for patients with pulmonary disorders. The Respiratory Care Practitioner is responsible for the clinical administration of all therapeutic and diagnostic respiratory care modalities offered by the department.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Operates and sets up devices such as: mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration, aerosol generators, and disposable respiratory care products.
2. Provides emergency care, including: artificial ventilation, external cardiac massage, and assists staff with cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
3. Collects and analyzes arterial blood gases and is able to recognize normal, abnormal, and critical values. If critical values are recognized, the Respiratory Care Practitioner is able to provide appropriate corrective intervention.
4. Follows physician orders for treatment and evaluates requirements for treatment, such as: treatment type, mode and duration of therapy, universal precautions, and medication dosage.
5. Monitors patients response to therapy by evaluation of vital signs, arterial blood gases, auscultation of breath sounds, pulse oximetry and end-tidal CO2 measurement.
6. Consults with physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals for changes in patient’s status. The Respiratory Care Practitioner works as part of a team to manage the patients plan of care.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Graduate of a Respiratory Therapy Program (Required)
- Respiratory Care Practitioner license with the Texas Medical Board. Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications required within 90 days of employment.
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and or Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) must be obtained within 90 days of employment if required by the department.
MethodistSpecialty and Transplant Hospital
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is licensed for382 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety GradeA. It receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney,liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume andoutcomes. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is home to the TexasTransplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performedthe world’s first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutivedays at a single hospital.
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earneddesignation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from theAmerican Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault ResponseTeam provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over theworld. For more information, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Respiratory Care Practitioner PRN and select MethodistSpecialty and Transplant Hospital under Locations.
Be a part of an organization thatinvests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidateswill be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit yourapplication today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Respiratory Care Practitioner PRN.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at
1-844-422-5627 option 1.
- Respiratory Therapy
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Medical Ventilator
- Urgent Care
- Arterial Blood Gases