To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2055 Progress Drive
Farmington, MO 63640
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Guardian Industries • Farmington, MO
Posted 29 days ago
Who is Guardian Industries?
Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or the grilles on the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
SRG Global is seeking you to become our next Automation Engineer
A Day In The Life Typically Includes
The Automation Engineer is responsible for managing and coordinating assigned functions and programs within the Maintenance Department to include design, programming, investigation, project management services and Supervision of Maintenance Department. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
- Performs engineering work related to planning, devising, or adapting methods to improve manufacturing production.
- Oversees building maintenance and the maintenance department
- Examines equipment, processes, operations, and assembly to determine time or quality revisions, and suggests improvements.
- Evaluates vendor and supplier proposals for new equipment purchases.
- Oversees the development, evaluation or review of plans and criteria for a variety of activities such as downtime and change analysis and procedure development.
- Assesses feasibility of proposed plans, projects, and equipment.
- Ensures conformance of all development plans, maps, and specifications for local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Assigns work activities and projects; monitors work flow; reviews and evaluates work products, methods, and procedures.
- Oversees and participates in performing a broad range of design activities on a variety of projects including automated equipment, facilities, lighting and landscaping.
- Coordinate and establish maintenance work priorities, including preventive maintenance, and procure resources for same.
- Interprets the application of design criteria; checks plans and specifications for accuracy of design and completeness.
- Responsible for maintaining program backups on the server, for all automated equipment and cells in the plant.
- Making program changes and process changes to include touch screens, PLC’s, and device net / Ethernet devices.
- Robot programming, and maintenance, also robot installation, calibration and various axes controls.
- Establish training for all maintenance and engineering staff on all processes in the plant.
- Oversee parts ordering and inventory
What You Will Need?
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and 4-8 years relevant experience, or equivalent.
- Considerable experience in design, engineering and project or program management.
What Do We Have To Offer?
If you have been looking for an environment where people are valued, entrepreneurial spirit is boundless and opportunities for success are based on merit, and if you want to add value to your company, then Guardian Industries may be the place for you.